Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

bamboo
Master Guide

Re: Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

Post by bamboo »

My wife & I have gotten both of our Pfizer shots ,couple of weeks ago. We didn't get any reaction at all. Twenty percent of adults in Massachusetts have now gotten both of their shots. Good stuff ! We just booked a New Hampshire fishing trip for the late spring.
Yah Baby !!!
bamboo....mike

Flyfishbill
Master Guide

Post by Flyfishbill »

I get my second Pfizer shot on Wednesday (March 10th). I’m excited!
FFB

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

I'm getting my second one Wednesday -very little reaction to the first. Two weeks later I will get my first professional haircut in a year. Then do a bunch of catch-ups with other things while still masking up. One doesn't know about the variants. I hope all of you guys stay safe - this thing is worse than one could have imagined. As more information comes out about the long haulers the more terrifying it becomes.

udiablo
Sport

Post by udiablo »

Wife and I have had both shots (Pfizer). She had no reaction with either shot. I had sore arm for a day with first shot, barely sore after second shot.

Red64
Guide

Post by Red64 »

Both my wife and myself got the Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday the 3rd. Other than the injection site being a bit sore and minor headaches off and on for two days, no problems.

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

Got my first on 2/22 at Six Flags America. Didn’t even have to get out of my car. Big thanks to the National Guard.
Only side effect was turning into a giant ant.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

:lol

My first Pfizer was just this past Wednesday, 2nd will be on the 24th.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

I had my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday. Felt fine afterward. I played a tennis match Thursday morning, won 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, went home feeling crappy. I jumped in bed and woke up Friday morning feeling well. I fished the ranch up the road for the first time this year. I lit them up with the BFM.

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

Bat Faced McDougal?
Big Effing Mouse?
Brass Faced Mohlin?

Brier549
Guide

Post by Brier549 »

My wife and I both got our 2nd Moderna shot on Tuesday. I had no reaction to speak of and my wife felt crummy for a day but that passed also.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

My better half has received both shots as of this past week. (Yay!) I, on the other hand, have to wait for the next bracket to open, 1C I believe. Yea, I married the Cougar. ;)

paramount
Master Guide

Post by paramount »

1st shot, Maderna for both of us, sore shoulder for a few days. Shot #2 scheduled for the end of March.
Bruce

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

spruce grouse wrote:
03/06/21 13:12
Got my first on 2/22 at Six Flags America. Didn’t even have to get out of my car. Big thanks to the National Guard.
Only side effect was turning into a giant ant.
Ahahaha.

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

NedZeppelin wrote:
02/04/21 21:43
64 and not at all worried about COVID. Probably had it in February, couple of us in an office job just before the hysteria hit, we called it the “weird flu” back at work in three days but messed up for a week.

Good for you. Not so good for a few million other people, and pretty damned awful, as in fatally awful, for a half million others. "Weird flu"? C'mon, man.

BigDog57
Sport

Post by BigDog57 »

Got mine back in December when Pfizer first got released. I'm a front line healthcare provider who works directly with sick Covid patients in ER and inpatient situations. I have risk factors, myself.
I had a day or two of fatigue after the first dose, little with second,
Words cannot express the relief - stopped being terrified when I go to work. Still mask and take precautions at work and in public

As far as time to immunity, there is a very interesting graph in the material Pfizer reported to the FDA for approval
It shows Vaccine recipients vs placebo recipient controls
There were some cases in the first week and NONE after 12 days from the first shot. the curve is Flat with no subsequent infections in the vaccine group in the trial. If you look at the time from exposure to illness in COVID - those cases most likely were infected prior to getting the vaccine.
These are some of the most effective vaccines we have ever had.

One more thing to be aware of is that the most infectious people may be asymptomatic or early in the course of symptoms. By the time folks get severe disease like pneumonia many no longer have virus shedding but are ill due to effects of the immune system which were triggered by the virus.
so screening for fever = probably not worth much

NedZeppelin - you might consider getting an antibody test to see if you really were infected back then. Also, the immunity provided by infection seems to be less than by the vaccines, so the current recommendation is for those who have had the disease to get vaccinated.
There is a newer Covid variant in Brazil which caused an outbreak there that caused serious disease and death in patients who had already had Covid.
Google Manaus, Brazil - city of 2 million with patients dying in droves and hospitals running out of oxygen.
Overconfidence and denial kill.

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

BigDog, Excellent advice. I finally got both of mine - such a relief. I still mask up in public and I may get a professional hair cut for the first time in a year, re-up at the gym, and get some medical things taken care of. Yeah Science. Re: side effects - a little fatigue from the first and chills followed by sweats on the second. Unpleasant but temporary vs. being a long hauler or dead. This virus is terrifying for the scope of effects; there is no organ system it doesn't touch. I hope everyone gets the shot and stays vigilant.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Got my Pfizer #2 on Wednesday. Felt a little off up till last night at about 2am I woke up soaking wet from one of those “breaking a fever” type sweats. Today I feel like a million pesos.
Get your shot. Help squash it. This is not a time to think you know better than your doctor, and 99.9% of all health workers.
Even if you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

William Dunn
Guide

Post by William Dunn »

Had both shots of the Medera vaccine. The second put me in bed for a day with flu-like symptoms. I should be immune now and ready for the weather to clear.

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by rsagebrush »

I have had both, Moderna, first shot I felt off for the day, but not a big deal, second shot gave me a bad headache and very sore joints, but that went away when I got out of bed. Then that evening I had a temp of about 101 for an hour or so, tylenol brought that down. But now for a week I have been feeling a bit off every now and then but that may be something else.
Last edited by rsagebrush on 03/18/21 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

First Moderna shot yesterday. Woke up at 3AM today with a headache and all-over muscle aches, and I tossed & turned for 3 hours before I dragged my butt out of bed. Advils are handling it for now.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”