Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Mistermike
Sport

Re: Have you got your Covid Vaccine yet?

Post by Mistermike »

wrong66 wrote:
01/30/21 09:37
This vaccine rollout is a joke, especially here in California. I'm 72, and will be lucky to get one by this summer.
I agree. I can't find an open appointment for my 80 year old mother in Los Angeles, yet the qualifying age criteria has been reduced to 65 and younger. I guess that sounds better on paper.

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by prairieschooner »

The wife and I got Pfizer #2 yesterday; so far so good. She has severe fibromyalgia and it's said that the vaccine can affect the joints so she's pretty stiff and sore this morning; my arm's a little sore but that's it so far. Glad it's done (for now!)!
I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

gt05254
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by gt05254 »

Got second pfizer this morning; partner Bridget got hers a couple months ago (Tier 1 med. Professional). Second one kicked her ass for 4 days. They told me to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, and tylenol or ibuprofen. Will stay on that for sure.
Gary

fisherman911
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fisherman911 »

I got my second dose of Moderna Vaccine yesterday morning. After the first dose I really had no problems, only a sore arm at the injection site. I woke up around 6:00am today with aching joints and muscles, a slight head ache and a upset stomach. But at this point all this is dissipating and I feel much better.

Heddon20
Guide

Post by Heddon20 »

Such a relief when you finish the series. Though I'll sleep better when our 2 kids can get a vaccine. Our oldest will be 14 in August so hopefully he'll be eligible by this fall. His younger brother just turned 11. It may be another year for him. Pfizer is conducting clinical trials for kids 12-15 and Moderna is doing that for kids 12-17. Those should be done sometime later this summer. So they could get EUA by early Sept.
Brian

JMQ4
Sport

Post by JMQ4 »

J&J two weeks ago this Tuesday. No side effects.

Packgoat

Post by Packgoat »

I have had the two Moderna vaccines. Just a little soreness

Vaughanwilson3022
Master Guide

Post by Vaughanwilson3022 »

Got 1st Moderna vaccine yesterday - injection site is sore today.

oddsnrods
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by oddsnrods »

At 62 had my first Moderna vaccine on Tuesday. Did not feel the injection, absolutely no soreness nor side effects whatsoever- get it done and fear not!!

Malcolm

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

My wife’s 100 year old mother survived Covid at Christmas, got monoclonal antibodies, and after the 90 day wait finally gets her first shot soon. She’s a trooper.

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

Got the Moderna yesterday. I am 51 in excellent health with no underlying conditions and a good BMI so I had to surf the pharmacies for a leftover dose and finally found one. 12 hours later feeling pretty good - arm is barely sore. Will see how it goes. Relieved and starting to think at some point soon will be able to go fishing in the same car again with my buddy. Who would have ever thought that would be something to look forward to? It’s been a strange year.

John

thegubster
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by thegubster »

Got shot #2 of Pfizer early Friday morning with zero effects save for a craving of freshly ground, hot coffee which was thoroughly satiated - more than once I might add!!

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Canewrap »

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday. No discernable side effects. So looking forward to getting back to normal life.

pontiac787
Guide

Post by pontiac787 »

NH opened up vaccinations to 40 and over this morning. I was able to get an appointment for this afternoon!

Lorncell

Post by Lorncell »

The wife and I received the Pfizer shot yesterday at our local Pharmacy. Up here in Canada, the present category is 65 to 75. No side effects, Like I never had it. Now waiting for the second shot.

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

Two weeks after my 2nd jab. Feeling grateful and relieved. Only one little side effect...

Gives fly fishing a new meaning.

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Finally got my appointment scheduled on 4/9 for one of the 2-dosage vaccines. Then today I got a notification from the state that they were taking appointments this weekend down in Minneapolis for the J&J vaccine, but I would prefer Pfizer or Moderna knowing how they're performing in real world conditions...and I have a date with some brook trout streams on Saturday.

MKA
Sport

Post by MKA »

Received my appointment date (April 6) today...I kind of thought all of us more experienced people (70) would have received our vaccines before now??? I guess late is better than never. They have me scheduled for Johnson & Johnson...a once and done jab.

redietz
Master Guide

Post by redietz »

spruce grouse wrote:
03/31/21 13:19
Two weeks after my 2nd jab. Feeling grateful and relieved. Only one little side effect...

Gives fly fishing a new meaning.
Help me!

ctwhite
Guide

Post by ctwhite »

10 minutes after Maine opened vaccines for 50+ residents I was on the phone booking an appointment. Got the first Moderna yesterday. Onward...

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”