A nice Easter Bunny

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

PlaneOldMike
Guide

A nice Easter Bunny

Post by PlaneOldMike »

As some of you know, I’ve been working on getting my heirloom wood lathe back up and running well to be able to make spacers and turn ferrule stations. Well, I was talking with a long time friend of mine, who is a machinist by trade. We don’t talk often so when we do, talk we talk about a lot of stuff. The topic got on to the fact that I’ve been refurbishing my fathers lathe, and how I was having trouble locating local parts . He said he’d look around to see what he had that might work on my lathe. At about 10 o’clock this morning I see his truck drive in my driveway.
Then the phone rings and I’m told I need to come outside and help him move something out of his truck. Below is a couple pictures of that something.

Good friends are hard to find, and even harder to keep.

I’m Very thankful for good friends.

I think I have some reading to do...
Just a guy, trying to build a tool.

Red64
Guide

Re: A nice Easter Bunny

Post by Red64 »

Nice friend you have! From the pictures you posted, the lathe looks to be in very good shape. The bed appears to be rust free, gears are in good shape no chewed up teeth and it just needs a cleaning and a little lubrication and you are good to go.

trland
Master Guide

Post by trland »

What an awesome lathe and awesome friend! Here's some info on Myford lathes: http://www.lathes.co.uk/myford/

Time to make some ferrules!

tyghguy
Guide

Post by tyghguy »

Wow Nice Easter Bunny. Did he also bring candy! You have a very good friend and that is a nice looking lathe. Have fun with it

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, An English lathe. They had one at the shop class I took, but I never got to use it. That Is really nice!

Jay Edwards

6tUc05
Master Guide

Post by 6tUc05 »

It's a piece of junk, as evidenced by the paint loss on the tool post. I will be happy to scrap it for you as I have a scrap metal side business!

WOW!!!!!

trland
Master Guide

Post by trland »

Mike, Your lathe would fit in well on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=129324&sid=b5211e0 ... e2af402fa4
May want to post a pic when you have it up and running.
There is another Myford on there also.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”