Salmon in Sugarhouse

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Salmon in Sugarhouse

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

For those of you who live in the Salt Lake Valley, you've likely seen these Sugarhouse salmon. This grouping is along the trail on the South side of 1300 E just below Sugarhouse Park. There are several more groupings along 2100 South. I went through a couple of Google pages looking for a why, but found none.

Cheers,
Joe

Drifly1

Re: Salmon in Sugarhouse

Post by Drifly1 »

I had read somewhere that these were Bonneville cutthroats.

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

I live in LA but I found myself working in Holladay a couple of months ago and I ended up looking at another job in a home very close to this place. I'll have to do some recon when I go back to work in another couple of months.

On a side note we flew into SLC a few years ago and discovered the Blue Plate Diner not too far away from there. It was kind of a biker spot but the breakfast was legit!

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

Blue Plate is awesome, but closing in May 😕. Property like sold for $1mm or more

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

THAT property? I guess I wasn't very observant. As long as Les Madeleines doesn't close everything will be okay in my world. ;)

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”