Head Lamps

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Bucktrout
Master Guide

Re: Head Lamps

Post by Bucktrout »

roycestearns wrote:
09/27/21 09:53
I'd highly recommend one of these ... actually I'd like to see one of these (ca 1890s).

Reminds me of the old carbide lamps used in subsurface mines. Not particularly practical in coal mines filled with methane.

Eric

tworod

Post by tworod »

If you enjoy having bugs in your face head lamps are a great light choice when it gets dark. I would advise avoiding them when there are lots of bugs out.

MGrallert
Guide

Post by MGrallert »

So I've using the NEBO Micro for a while now and it is a nice light. I do find the charge is a bit anemic. A replaceable battery would be a good addition understanding it would increase the size. We get a real test this coming summer.

JabaliHunter
Guide

Post by JabaliHunter »

Princeton Tec with white and red LEDs. Run on 2x AAA lithium batteries. Very bright, lasts ages, very compact. Not expensive (depending on the model) so I keep a few in various coats and bags. I had small energiser ones before but they weren’t waterproof

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Many thanks for the various posts/recommendations on this thread. I purchased the Nebo which I like a lot. Last night, while shopping at Lowe's, I saw a rechargeable version of the green Energizer headlamp and decided to take the plunge. At $36 it was a little pricey but I went for it. Thus far it's very nice for the money and very bright. I thought I'd attach a picture of the two together to illustrate the size difference. The Nebo battery went dead while sitting around my house for the last month while getting no use. I'm not sure what that means for the actual battery life nor do I know if it's characteristic of the rechargeable variety of headlamps in general. I already have a couple of Petzels that are powered by AAA batteries so I'll always keep those handy for emergencies, just in case.

Silver Doctor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Silver Doctor »

When I was a tyke in the early 60's Dad worked in the mine. When we walked out of the bush after Fly fishing or hunting he would pull out his Carbide lamp. It seemed to light up the entire landscape.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”