Are you planning to get your Covid Vaccine Booster?

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Pwknauth
Sport

Re: Are you planning to get your Covid Vaccine Booster?

Post by Pwknauth »

Absolutely!

JMQ4
Sport

Post by JMQ4 »

I am actually hoping they open up the qualifications for the booster soon - I am teaching face-to-face this semester and would feel much better with a booster.

Shrimpman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Shrimpman »

rsagebrush wrote:
09/05/21 16:43
Probably not, the first two vaccines don't seem to work effectively, no more experimental injections for me. Israel the most vaccinated Country in the world is having a tremendous problem now.
My brother died from chinese flu and an Uncle I guess, but who knows.
Pretty soon they might be recommending boosters every month.
That sort of logic over fear will just not fly, sir. ;)
Anybody ever had a bad flu? Apparently that's never happened before. The average age of death from The latest SARS is higher than the average age of death for the nation, so why the ridiculous fear?
This rash of "cases" in Summertime is driven by the vaccinated and that is cold, hard fact.

Gunpowder Angler
Guide

Post by Gunpowder Angler »

I did not get the first vaccine. I already had Covid in January 2020, before anyone knew what it was, so I have natural immunity. Plus, I am 49, and in great physical condition, probably better than other in my age group. I have learned to be extremely cautious about what goes into my body. Now, having said that, when I turn 60, I may get the vaccine, if the side effects do not prove to be harmful. We should know by then.
And I am not an anti-vaxxer, I get my flu shot every year, my tetanus shot, and I had plenty of shot while I was in the USN.

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

Consider that Delta is a different virus in important ways - more transmissible and may lead to more severe cases. Your immunity wanes with time. There are many now dead or ventilated that thought that their youth and general health would protect them.

BGreer
Master Guide

Post by BGreer »

I imagine that I will get the booster once it is available in my area and when I fit their criteria.
After getting very ill about 10 years ago and almost kicking the bucket due to septic pneumonia, I have completely turned my life around.
I was diabetic and didn't know it....I didn't eat well and didn't take care of my body.
Now I watch what I eat, take my meds, and watch my weight. Since I left the hospital 10 years ago, I have had nothing more than a minor cold.
Knock wood....

Brian

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by rsagebrush »

Iceland I believe is the second most vaccinated Country in the World, they are have big problems too, why would that be?
So we vaccinated a lot of people in this Country and things are worse than they were a year ago, hmm. A normal person might conclude that the vaccine(s) are not only ineffective but might actually be causing the problem, they are after all experimental. I wonder why the FDA gave approval for the Pfizer vaccine as of late, that actually is not possible as phase three testing will take another year, so it appears to be political, shame on them.
I noted that the average death do to Covid/CCP Flu in Ohio is 80 or 81 and the average lifespan in Ohio is 73.
So if people want to take the vaccine that's fine and if they don't that's fine with me too.

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Hells yeah. Why this is even a question is beyond me.

Even more inexplicable is why this question would be posed in this forum since it's so politically charged, science is kicked to the curb and opinions somehow become "fact", and lines are drawn....

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

rsagebrush, I think you’ll find that if you research what is going on in Iceland, you’d have a different opinion (unless your mind is made up).

The vaccine and the boosters are protecting you from hospitalizations and death. Not a shield bouncing the virus away.
We are having a new second-wave pandemic of hospitizations and deaths of the *unvaccinated*.

BigDog57
Sport

Post by BigDog57 »

"So we vaccinated a lot of people in this Country and things are worse than they were a year ago, hmm. A normal person might conclude that the vaccine(s) are not only ineffective but might actually be causing the problem, they are after all experimental."

Great Logic, Sir................ NOT !!
Problem is NOT the vaccine, but rather the large number of folks who have not gotten the Vaccine and are spreading it.

WHO has had the vaccine
1. all living US Presidents
2. at least 80% of Congress
3. 96% of Physicians in US

WHO has NOT gotten the vaccine
1. More than 99% of people who are hospitalized with COVID and nearly 100% of those in ICU

HMMMM A normal person might conclude the vaccine works

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

rsagebrush wrote:
09/05/21 16:43
My brother died from chinese flu and an Uncle I guess, but who knows.
This kind of rhetoric is why Asian Americans are being targeted with hate crimes.

Again, not sure why this thread isn't being moderated more closely.

BigDog57
Sport

Post by BigDog57 »

Sorry for the vehemence of my posts on this topic, but there is a reason.
I've just spent most of the last 10 days including both weekends working in ER or Inpatient at the small Idaho hospital where I work. As you may know, Idaho's health system is critically overloaded due to Covid. Idaho has a high proportion of vaccine resisters. 100% of our Covid admissions have been unvaccinated. We have scrounged respiratory equipment to increase our capacity, so most of the patients don't die. And yes, the majority who do are older, but the exceptions, such as the guy in his 30's who died exist and really hurt. Watching a previously healthy guy in his 50's struggling like a fish out of of water is something I don't need to see again, but will.
To transfer the non-Covid patients who need specialized care or ICU means contacting 7-10 larger hospitals in various states to see if there is an appropriate bed available. Sometimes we do get "lucky" and catch the receiving hospital with an available bed because a Covid patient has just died !

I came home Sunday night, OK Monday Am at 0100, from a shift that started before 0800, More tired than I have been i probably 30 years,but I was a lot younger then. Back to work by 0800 Monday. Got up today too tired to even go fishing.
The worst part is the knowledge that this is going to get worse, not better.

As a physician, I've heard all the arguments of all shades from patients about why they don't immunize.
Sometimes even when they are patients in the Covid ward.

JUST GET THE %^&* SHOT, FOLKS. PLEASE

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

And on BigDog's post we'll bring this to an end. It is going south as posts like this usually do. So, agreeing with Gerard's post, this moderator is locking this thread. It will stay unless another mod wants to move it out but enough posting on a touchy subject.

Nick

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”