Ultimate AuSable cabin on Zillow

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

RWHoffhines
Master Guide

Ultimate AuSable cabin on Zillow

Post by RWHoffhines »

I'm not sure how to imbed a Zillow link. This showed up as a comp in an appraisal report that rolled across my desk. (Being a widely marketed comp, not the subject, there are no confidentiality issues). Pretty much the ultimate digs! Any of you guys the lucky owner?! (it was a closed sale)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3143 ... /?mmlb=g,0

billems
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Ultimate AuSable cabin on Zillow

Post by billems »

It'd be too big for me, gorgeous as it is. All I'd need is a cottage with indoor plumbing.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Too rustic for me. The idea of owning a place like that doesn't appeal to me. I'd feel obligated to use it whenever possible. Another set of property taxes, utilities, upkeep, etc. Not for me. My motto is, "one house, one spouse."

flyty2
Master Guide

Post by flyty2 »

Beautiful!

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

A guy can dream, no? Looks like a dream to me if my lifestyle were such that I had time to fly to Michigan and use it frequently. But alas, I am a mere working stiff trying to survive in LA and go fishing- anywhere- the few times a year that I can escape...

ffftroutbum
Master Guide

Post by ffftroutbum »

PYochim wrote:
10/09/21 09:27
My motto is, "one house, one spouse."
Paul, that is a great saying. Love it! Although, the four of us (my brother and his wife), just bought a second house in West Yellowstone. We have been renting a cabin forever and decided to take the leap.

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by rsagebrush »

Looks ersatz to me, way too much designer stuff in there. Plus that's where one has to spend all of their off time so you better really like the area, apparently the previous owner did not. Perhaps if you wanted to live there full time, but I imagine winters would be a bit harsh.

Not for me, I like to change locations too much.

creakycane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by creakycane »

rsagebrush wrote:
10/09/21 14:43
has to spend all of their off time so you better really like the area, apparently the previous owner did not.
Most of the places we've looked at recently (and sold ourselves in the past) came/went on the market for that very reason. It's one thing to fantasize about owning a home on the ___________, but so often the letdown is that one doesn't want to be there when the fishing is off. Which is often much of the year, even in famous fishing locales. And even if the fishing is on, unless you are sun-up to sun-down angler, it can actually get old fast.

So, back to one home and air-bnbing it until the next place we can't live without comes along. It borders on the kind of delusion Mr. Theodore Castwell describes so well through the pen of Skues. And the COVID thing has really fueled it.

Another thought is that it always seems, no matter where I live or visit, that the fishing I want to do is usually 2 hours drive away :rollin

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by rsagebrush »

Yes, it's always down the road or around the next bend, well just a little further on.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Outstanding!!! I would have purchased that in a heartbeat. For just a bit over a half million? really? What a bargain, what a buy, what a steal, what a deal! Trout in the front yard, Ruffed Grouse in the back? Perfect! Though the laundry room could use an upgrade. :)

rsagebrush
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by rsagebrush »

Yep, instant outdoorsman, slap a couple of $2000.00+ fly rods and guns on the wall and you can pontificate on all things sporting, instant expert.

Actually it is a nice house if quite a bit overdressed; I'm sure it has a lot of appeal to many. I know I could live in it although all the wood might start to get to me after a while.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, How do you get the canoe down off the ceiling? Why is it there?

Jay Edwards

pete from mass
Guide

Post by pete from mass »

That’s nice but I liked 3827 Grove st more.
The house you showed is really nice but it’s not on the water.
I believe it’s at the end of ruffed grouse trail and you have to walk down ruffed grouse to backcast trail to get to the water. It’s a really nice spot and a lot of that buildings are shared within the neighborhood..

Grove street has really nice decks.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”