COVID BOOSTERS

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

GRASSNGLASS
Bamboo Fanatic

COVID BOOSTERS

Post by GRASSNGLASS »

I'm sure most of you know it, but booster shots have been approved for J&J and Moderna.

Appointments are going fast, so if your wanting one it's time to get on the schedule.

Barry

Heddon20
Guide

Re: COVID BOOSTERS

Post by Heddon20 »

Got mine scheduled last night for Monday AM (Moderna booster) at the local Rite-Aid. :)
Brian

JMQ4
Sport

Post by JMQ4 »

Scheduled for tomorrow at noon.

jimwright
Master Guide

Post by jimwright »

I got my Pfizer booster shot 3 weeks ago today.

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

The "on again, off again" from CDC has messed up me getting mine but now I should finally get in and get stuck with Booster, Superflu, and this year I'll get the Shingles too.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

jimwright wrote:
10/23/21 18:29
I got my Pfizer booster shot 3 weeks ago today.
DITTO! For both myself and the better half!

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

bassman wrote:
10/24/21 10:47
The "on again, off again" from CDC has messed up me getting mine but now I should finally get in and get stuck with Booster, Superflu, and this year I'll get the Shingles too.
Got my Shingrix dosages last year and like my Moderna series, I had rather robust immune responses (102 fever, body aches, headache, etc.) for about 12 hours. I've learned to time these things for Thursday/Friday so I don't mess up my workweek.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

I’m due for a colonoscopy.

Rockthief
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Rockthief »

PYochim wrote:
10/24/21 18:07
The "cleanser" is the worst of it.

udiablo
Sport

Post by udiablo »

PYochim wrote:
yeah, have heard that when you're over 50 you should do that, but never have, (heard it's a pain in the butt)

got my covid booster last week of Sept, next flu shot coming up this week
Last edited by Titelines on 10/25/21 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to take out vulgarity not allowed by forum rules

Holdover
Guide

Post by Holdover »

udiablo wrote:
10/24/21 21:19
PYochim wrote:
yeah, have heard that when you're over 50 you should do that, but never have, (heard it's a pain in the butt)

got my covid booster last week of Sept, next flu shot coming up this week
I'm pretty sure Chuckles was being sarcastic when he brought up getting a colonoscopy.. Truth be told, as long as you allow a little time off, they're no big deal.

mac7x
Master Guide

Post by mac7x »

Had a twofer (endoscopy and colonoscopy) a couple of weeks ago, slept blissfully through the whole thing. As Holdover said, no big deal.

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by prairieschooner »

Wife and I got boosted two weeks ago tomorrow.
I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

People saying they got a vaccine is not a political discussion but sharing information about health issues and is germane as discussing fly fishing which some equate with torturing fish.

jimwright
Master Guide

Post by jimwright »

Color me naive but I didn't realize there was anything political about getting a booster shot. And more it has never occurred to me that discussing the economy had to be a "politically loaded discussion"!

Heddon20
Guide

Post by Heddon20 »

Rockthief wrote:
10/24/21 18:51
PYochim wrote:
That is for sure!
Brian

Heddon20
Guide

Post by Heddon20 »

GerardH wrote:
10/24/21 16:34
bassman wrote:
Got my Shingrix dosages last year and like my Moderna series, I had rather robust immune responses (102 fever, body aches, headache, etc.) for about 12 hours. I've learned to time these things for Thursday/Friday so I don't mess up my workweek.
I got Shingrix shot #1 in mid August, and just had real sore arm near injection site for a couple days and that was it. I wanted to wait and schedule the 2nd shot after I got the flu vaccine and Moderna booster. I got the flu shot beginning of this month and Moderna booster today, so will schedule Shingrix shot #2 for around end of next month after Thanksgiving.
Brian

Drossi
Master Guide

Post by Drossi »

Rockthief wrote:
10/24/21 18:51
PYochim wrote:
Yeah but the "nap" is awesome!

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

jimwright wrote:
10/25/21 19:04
Color me naive but I didn't realize there was anything political about getting a booster shot. And more it has never occurred to me that discussing the economy had to be a "politically loaded discussion"!
Only if it goes into a finger pointing discussion about whether to shot it up or not will I kill this thread. Enough of that on FB if you want it. Sharing our info on how our boosters went is fine but let's keep it at that or add some humor as done with the colonoscopy crack.

Nick

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Heddon20 wrote:
10/25/21 21:27
GerardH wrote:
10/24/21 16:34
bassman wrote:
I got Shingrix shot #1 in mid August, and just had real sore arm near injection site for a couple days and that was it. I wanted to wait and schedule the 2nd shot after I got the flu vaccine and Moderna booster. I got the flu shot beginning of this month and Moderna booster today, so will schedule Shingrix shot #2 for around end of next month after Thanksgiving.
I received my first Shingrix dose last fall along with my flu shot...when I got the second dose in January, I popped some Advil and didn't have as strong of a reaction...in hindsight I wonder if that was the smart thing to do since there has been some debate about whether ibuprofen/acetaminophen interfere with the body's immune response. Guess the jury's out on that...

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”