In Praise of Folstaff Repair

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

hopkintoncane
Bamboo Fanatic

In Praise of Folstaff Repair

Post by hopkintoncane »

OK, so if this posting is not appropriate please accept my apologies in advance, but I wanted to share a nice story, sent a Folstaff to warrantee repair a few weeks ago for what I thought was going to be a simple replacement of 2 of the sections at the joint where they "opened up" under stress during a self rescue in the "Black Hole" section of the Salmon River and I got the staff back today, all fixed up with a new cork grip, tip section and new shock cord, very nice and appreciated, nice to know there are still companies like that. Todd

billems
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: In Praise of Folstaff Repair

Post by billems »

Good to know. I plan to get a Folstaff, following a year of struggling with a staff with longer sections that was never comfortable to use.

High Desert

Post by High Desert »

I had a similar experience. I have a Folstaff that I got back in the late 80’s that had the carbide tip go missing. Called them, explained what happened, sent it in, got a new carbide tip at no charge. This was 30+ years later we’ll done, Folstaff !

GMflyf1sh
Guide

Post by GMflyf1sh »

I have been using the sam Folstaff for almost 50 years. I got it on my first trip to Montana when I was a young a crazy college student who had no fear until he found the round rocks and currents of some of Montana’s rivers to be challenging. Best investment I ever made.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”