Project Arts

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

JClancySplitCane

Project Arts

Post by JClancySplitCane »

Latest art project with leftover materials. Dubbed “double helix” in reference to what I perceive in a raw culm. 1 of 3.
jc
it wouldn’t be the same if you were here.jc

Adamsdry
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Project Arts

Post by Adamsdry »

I like it, but I have to ask, don't you have it hanging upside-down? ;)

D
"By the wood-shed is a brook. It goes singing on. Its joy-song does sing in my heart.”

Opal Whiteley

JClancySplitCane

I narrowed it down to perspective. Since I am usually seeing my rods hang from a modified tie rack, the choice seemed to make sense.

Adamsdry
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Adamsdry »

I hope you appreciate my tongue in cheek attempt at humor. It has always been an observation of mine to ask at some exhibitions “how can you tell if its hung correctly,” much to some peoples' chagrin. I’ve also, although, have had artists tell me, “buy it and you can hang it any way you want to.
Matisse’s “Le Bateau” hung upside down in MOMA for 47 days in 1961. Works by Pollock, Rothko, and Vincent van Gogh’s “Long Grass with Butterflies” suffered the same fate at one time.
I’m actually gratified by your explanation of "your” perspective being part of your process. Art should be a personal expression and shouldn’t have to be explained or understood. I’ve seen one too many “Installations” that needed a catalogue to decipher their purpose or meaning.
Your work speak for itself. Thank you for sharing.

D
"By the wood-shed is a brook. It goes singing on. Its joy-song does sing in my heart.”

Opal Whiteley

JClancySplitCane

It’s funny because my first thoughts were to send an o so wise remark. Then I really thought about it and found the reason. During the making of this piece it never went into my process to flip the rod section. I was in a fly shop the other day and noticed that the rods were butt down and thought how silly it struck me. I attached a pic of the rods in my work space to give an idea of why I see the perspective. I do appreciate a good smartass though. I’ll leave you with my quote that my sister finds offensive. I often think of this when out on the water. Here goes.

“It wouldn’t be the same if you were here.”
jc

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

That is top notch art for fisher people!!!

JClancySplitCane

Thanks. I will be finishing up a rattan grip helix soon. Will post a pic of it.
jc

JClancySplitCane

This is the rattan edition of the double helix installment.
jc

fragmentum
Master Guide

Post by fragmentum »

60/40SplitCane wrote:It’s funny because my first thoughts were to send an o so wise remark. Then I really thought about it and found the reason. During the making of this piece it never went into my process to flip the rod section. I was in a fly shop the other day and noticed that the rods were butt down and thought how silly it struck me. I attached a pic of the rods in my work space to give an idea of why I see the perspective. I do appreciate a good smartass though. I’ll leave you with my quote that my sister finds offensive. I often think of this when out on the water. Here goes.

“It wouldn’t be the same if you were here.”
jc
JC, great way to save on valuable floor space. I think I have one of these hangers in a closet that definitely needs re-purposing since it's been years since I've worn a tie!

By the way, where is Twin, MT? I live in Missoula and there are several different 'Twins' in our state...

Oh, and I wanted to mention that these bamboo inspectors are just relentless, right?

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”