found one of my old baby photos

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

found one of my old baby photos

Post by kermit »

found one of my old baby photos.....

Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: found one of my old baby photos

Post by Webfly »

Damn, that explains it all!

CDCdun
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by CDCdun »

:rollin

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

This is funny, and it brought up a memory. One late afternoon day around 1958, when my mother's back was turned, I picked up an open can of Budweiser that she had set down (with the holes punctured by a church key; the pop top had not yet been invented). I took a sip and just then the doorbell rang. I opened the door, with a Bud in my 6-year-old hand, and told the man at the door, "I'm druuuunk." I wasn't, of course, but had heard or seen somebody say that in a movie or on TV. Mom was mortified, of course, even though she generally was irritated by door-to-door salesmen, which is what this guy was. She was sure that he was going to send the sheriff to the door -- as if people cared that much in those days.... She never forgot it and neither did I. Many years later, we shared a few beers. Wish I could share one with her now.

BruceHandley
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BruceHandley »

Teter,
Now that's a cool story, if I had done something like that I wouldn't have been able to sit for a month.
Bruce

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

I attended medical school in Missouri. At the time, Coors was not shipped east of the Mississippi. Growing up in Pennsylvania, we drank Rolling Rock and that wasn't shippes very far, either. What I would do was when I would visit my parents I took a few cases of Coors to my buddies in Pa. and NY and would then take a few cases of Rolling Rock to my classmates in Mo. Now I don't drink either of them.

A little trivia for today.
1. What is the significance of the number, 33 on the Rolling Rock bottle?
2. Where did the name, Rolling Rock come from?

flyfishingpastor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishingpastor »

Paul, I BELIEVE, the number 33 came from the number of words found in the slogan on the bottle. Do I win a fabulous gift?

I've no idea where the name came from. :) I'll bet I lost the prize didn't I? :)

Pat

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

The number, 33 is for 1933, the year of the repeal of prohibition. Rolling Rock was a race horse owned by the family that started the brewery.
Last edited by PYochim on 02/02/20 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

I remember clearly taking a big swig of my father’s scotch and soda when I was about 4, just to see what all the fuss was about. To this day I can’t stand the taste. Probably saved me a lot of money on whiskies. Now, fine mezcal is another story.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Cimarron wrote:I remember clearly taking a big swig of my father’s scotch and soda when I was about 4, just to see what all the fuss was about. To this day I can’t stand the taste. Probably saved me a lot of money on whiskies. Now, fine mezcal is another story.
I took a drag from my father's non filtered Pall Mall when I was about 12. Ouch!!!!

cregb
Master Guide

Post by cregb »

The number, 33 is for 1933, the year of the repeal of prohibition. Rolling Rock was a race horse owned by the family that started the brewery.
Thanks for that. I never thought about why the bottles were the way they are. That makes sense now.

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”