My Amelia

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

My Amelia

Post by kermit »

From the creative minds at Zia~Rods

Another short story...

Found washed up on shore, written on aged paper, in an aged corked wine bottle. Dated 1933, found today.

My Amelia

How I miss you so! I hope this note finds its way to you somehow. If my desire could guide the bottle that contains this note, it would find you straight as an arrow flies.

I wish I could tell you where I am exactly. After leaving Bermuda, we were hit with a terrible storm. The ship lost her sails when the wind and waves flooded her cargo holds. It was a terrible night and dear Amelia, I’m not ashamed to tell you, as the grace of god be…. I was a frightened man. When dawn finally broke we found all hands still on board but our sturdy ship was broke and beat.

We drifted for weeks, half sunken half afloat. With no water on board and all of us half gone from exhaustion, we didn’t stand a chance when the second storm hit.

Mercifully, it was quick for most men. We hit a reef and the rocks quickly finished the job that the first storm had started out to do. I awoke on a white sandy beach, tucked into a bay on what I determined to be an Island. I suppose under different circumstances, most would call this place a paradise. A search for two days has turned up no survivors.

Fortunately, a trunk washed up from the ship wreck today. I think it came from the Captain’s quarters as it contained a limited supply of paper on which I am now able to write to you. Being able to record my thoughts to you, gives me such comfort, such peace. It’s almost as if I am speaking to you.

You know, a few other supplies have washed up, which I have added to the insurability of my survival. A few half empty wine bottles too. They might even make my stay on this piece of earth bearable until we're together again.

I lie and watch far off ships pass, yet here I am isolated, unseen and unknown to them, the world, and you.

Amelia, I miss you so, I wish to get off this island and back into your arms. The thought of that is what keeps me going. Until then, I toll away at my dreams until I see you again.

But for now, I must say adieu and throw this bottle into the ocean. I hope we find ourselves together, long before the chance of this note reaching you.

My Amelia, Oh how I love you.

Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

nativetrout
Master Guide

Re: My Amelia

Post by nativetrout »

nicely done...I enjoyed the read! I could feel myself there and the despair I would feel. also how vivid the realization of how much we truly love our significant others coming to mind....

Holland
Master Guide

Re: My Amelia

Post by Holland »

I agree, nicely done indeed.

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”