The artistic genome

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

The artistic genome

Post by jeffkn1 »

The artist did this illustration 53 years ago, at the age of 24 and probably fresh out of the Navy, and today I received a birthday note card from his youngest son and daughter-inlaw with this illustration on the front. Nearly all his recent art was in varnish on bamboo. It persists in this man's family. His grandmother was an artist, he was artistic himself, his sister paints quite well, and his middle son is a fine artist. And those are the ones I'm familiar with. Who knows how many more?

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: The artistic genome

Post by roycestearns »

AJ was extremely talented! You can almost feel the weather and determination in the piece.
Thanks for sharing

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

Yes, dynamic subjects. I don't recall much if any framed art work but did see a number of rather full portfolios. His sister, somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon, got nearly all of it. Her walls are now covered.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

I would kill to have one of his fantasy pieces ala Frank Frazzetta, he sent me a digital file of one and it was absolutely stunning!!!! R.I.P. Steppe Warrior!!!~~

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”