Love Spring

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

WiFlyFisher
Bamboo Fanatic

Love Spring

Post by WiFlyFisher »

I love Spring in the northwoods, you see so much wildlife at this time.

Two pairs of Trumpeter swans visited our lake. They are beautiful and very loud.

I am glad i spotted this critter before my GSP did.

This is the general fishing opener weekend in Wisconsin. I am seeing tons of trucks hauling boats to the northern lakes.

John

driftless angler
Master Guide

Re: Love Spring

Post by driftless angler »

Awesome pics! I keep hoping my lab will learn to stay away from skunks and porcupines, but is not learning - he has gotten into 2 of each.....

CDCdun
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by CDCdun »

Great pics! I love spring too.
driftless angler wrote:Awesome pics! I keep hoping my lab will learn to stay away from skunks and porcupines, but is not learning - he has gotten into 2 of each.....
Yikes! Which was worse, porcupine or skunk!?

Jake

driftless angler
Master Guide

Post by driftless angler »

Hard to say Jake. He is a smart dog, too smart at times, but he loses his s%*t when going after either and won't stop until kills it.

So he is in a bad way in either event. The skunk smell is so overpowering, it is hard to keep your food down, I am gagging constantly when cleaning him (soap and hydrogen peroxide). After the porcupine, I have to pin him on the garage floor (as to not get blood and quills all over the house) and start pulling with a pliers. He gets quills in his nose, tongue, gums, mouth, paws - I don't know how he has kept them out of his eyes, his face looks like a pin cushion.

I'll go with the porcupine as being worse, by a nose (pun intended).

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”