My rod company's name

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

My rod company's name

Post by Flykuni3 »

No, not "Chingdow," as it is pronounced. This was from a moment after a fine day fishing the upper SJ out of little Pagosa Springs, where the river flows right through town. I had a hankering for Asian tastes after so much Western and Mexican, I needed those familiar, palate-pleasing flavors of the mysterious Orient. This is a good lager if you've not enjoyed one before, near to the pleasant bite of famous Heineken beer, ja. As you can see in the pic, it arrived super cold with a frosty glass. Damn, was it a fine quaff after a long day on the water. The food arrived after a short wait, and I don't recall but probably drained the glass by this time.

Getting back to my rod company's name, as if I'd ever want to start a rod company, no thank you, I'd call it the Sword of Damocles. Am not sure why. It's actually a negative thing to say that (for instance the Sword of Damocles is hovering over that dude's head, the guy who ran his Cushman into the pallet stacks and just lost us 10k in spilled Coke and Sprite, but he's a star on YouTube now), right? but I think it's catchy. And few people know much classical history anyway in 2020, in veritas?

Imagine, we'd spy some sport approaching the lodge, as we sat quaffing chilled Tsingtaos one after another, a Damocles rod in his hand. Now that would be one hellified mo fo to contend with, or just some fool destined to get molested by a bull moose looking for a mate.

Bored today, have a great weekend.

ImageImage

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: My rod company's name

Post by crowebeetle »

How about this as a name: Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Gezunheit.

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

Grazie mille.

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

Excaliber.

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

I mean Excalibur!

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Bres — bless you, I meant to say bless you.

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”