Another "remembrance" shadow box

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

gt05254
Bamboo Fanatic

Another "remembrance" shadow box

Post by gt05254 »

Following the framing I did as a remembrance for a speypager's grandfather, I was asked by a young woman in California if I'd be interested in doing one as a remembrance for her boyfriend's father...sure! The centerpiece of the framing is a poster created by granddad's wife and has three of his flies, tied circa 1964. She gave me one of his business cards which, based on the lack of fading in the spot, was thumbtacked where I've put it on the poster. I did scan the card and reprint it on a softer toned paper than the white card; same color as the backing paper under the flies. This was a tough one to pick mat colors for; I ended up buying the whole mat sample set for Crescent Select mats. Glad I did because I think we came up with winning mat colors. Frame is oak stained with 3 coats of red mahogany. Size is 23X24 inches....gonna be a bear to ship, but I learned the hard way how to create a bulletproof box that no gorilla can break.
Gary

Eric Peper
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Another "remembrance" shadow box

Post by Eric Peper »

Lovely work as always, Gary.

Eric
A mountain is a fact -- a trout is a moment of beauty known only to men who seek them
Al McClane in his Introduction to The Practical Fly Fisherman . . . often erroneously attributed to Arnold Gingrich

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Surely it is destined to become a cherished memorial, of sorts, to honor her boyfriend's Father. Wonderful work!

norcal_1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by norcal_1 »

Great job Gary

gt05254
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by gt05254 »

Thanks, gentlemen. The mats are a better match to the poster, by the way, than the photo shows. But thank you!
Gary

McHull
Master Guide

Post by McHull »

That is one lucky boyfriend! In more ways than one.

Top shelf job, as always.
Matt
In the night I dreamed of trout-fishing - The Maine Woods - Henry David Thoreau

60InchDV8
Master Guide

Post by 60InchDV8 »

Congrats....I’m sure Dave would approve. This is a very elegant tribute to an angler’s passing.
Regards from the Restigouche....Jim

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”