Artist of Note

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

gt05254
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Artist of Note

Post by gt05254 »

Sweet! Loving the simplicity of the framing, too!
Gary

pmcroberts
Master Guide

Post by pmcroberts »

Gary,

I may take you up on a print!! Could you DM me the details, cost etc.

Paul

Shoeless Joe
Master Guide

Post by Shoeless Joe »

carl otto wrote:
03/10/21 08:53
..At any time, any weather, any season I can look up and this painting draws me into it, transporting me to a myriad of similar scenes on any number of streams ... Being a hunter and fisherperson he has the artistic ability to capture not only the physical moment, but the underlying spiritual feeling. I can hear the geese or water. The wind is there. The smell of that place and time of year are present. If there is a fire, you smell the smoke and hear the crackle. You get lost in the work. Long after I can fish, this painting will still provide that experience.
Local artist & acquaintance, Eldridge Hardie, comes to mind ... if ever anyone captured the essence of the Arkansas River during late-fall, it is Hardie. Oftentimes in the dead of winter I'll steal a glance at his End Of Season-Brown Trout & each time am instantaneously transported to warm, late-October days spent in the Arky. It's all there ... the early morning drives through South Park ... breakfasts at the Brown Burrow ... some Brooks & Dunn & such ... the initial chill of stepping into the cool water ... cloudless skies & the warm sun ... BWOs, beetles, red ants & brownie after brownie ... driving down-canyon ... margaritas & chiles rellenos @ Jorge's Sombrero ... and some Patrick Leonard, Yo-Yo Ma, Ennio Morricone, etc. for northbound trek up I-25 ... yea, it's all there & so am I.
https://eldridgehardie.com

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Hungry for the fishing.....and the chiles rellenos!

para_adams
Master Guide

Post by para_adams »

Kate Hall is a young, up and coming artist with amazing talent and a love of fly fishing and hunting dogs. She is just now in the middle a series of trout image "Grand Slam of the Smoky Mountains." You can see her first piece in that series now posted on her Facebook page. And here's a website with older pieces. She plans to sketch my still life photo of the early Granger Victory. I can't wait.

https://katehallart.webnode.com/?fbclid ... NMqjog_UMY

https://www.facebook.com/katehall27

Boise Bamboo
Guide

Post by Boise Bamboo »

Without a doubt, my lovely and talented bride, Vicki Conner!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/connerartstudiovicki

RymanType
Guide

Post by RymanType »

para_adams
Thanks for the kind comments regarding Kates art. She is very talented and I am very fond of her art...being married to her I get to enjoy all the pieces before being sent out!

flyrodman
Master Guide

Post by flyrodman »

Another great artist was Arthur Taylor of Lincoln, ME. His painting of Ted Williams & the Miramichi led me to purchase in 1995, 6 prints that I had framed and gifted to the major supporters of the Newmarket Children's Fishing Derby that I organized back in 1988. They became a great addition and in following years I purchased his last twelve that was given to the derby children as prizes.

thorsma
Sport

Post by thorsma »

+1 for John Swan. I was lucky enough to find one he had donated to the Outdoor Heritage Museum in Oquossoc ME and it's now on the wall of my study. Lot's of nice pieces shown here, thanks for sharing.

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”