A Good Day

Use this forum to show off your talents, like photos, drawings, paintings, woodworking, rod making or any other artistic bent you have. Enjoy :)

Moderator: Titelines

sodbank
Master Guide

A Good Day

Post by sodbank »

After not fishing all summer & early fall due to lung cancer , surgery. , and three rounds of chemo,I finally felt strong enough to
get out and fish this afternoon. Cloudy & light wind and an incoming tide I decided to fish an Orvis Battenkill I bought last year & haven’t fished yet. I only lasted about an hour and a half ,but that was enough time to catch one small striper.
One more round of chemo and I’ll be working on building my strength & stamina back up.
Today was a good day!

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: A Good Day

Post by headwaters »

sodbank--

Sorry to hear about your health challenges, but congratulations on your recovery progress, and on your good day! And, thanks for sharing the good news with us!

Good luck on your next round, best wishes on getting your strength back and making a complete recovery, as well as having many more good days!

creakycane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by creakycane »

Good for you, Sodbank. Very glad to hear of your recovery and progress. With hopes for full recovery and many years of angling ahead for you. All my best to you...

andre49
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by andre49 »

As one who went through throat cancer”radiation and Chemo” tx.last year, I can tell you to just hang in there. It’s been over a year of recovery for me and I am gaining strength as I hope you will. Too many fish left for you to catch.

adrien schnee
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by adrien schnee »

I’ll add my hope for a full recovery to you. It must have been extraordinarily welcome to be on the water and to land this nice fish on a newly acquired rod after what you’ve been through.

My sincerest wishes to you for improving health and many more fish ahead as Andre said.

Adrien

billems
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by billems »

Glad you got out there. My wife has just been diagnosed, and will undergo a double masectomy in December, of all months. Let's all keep fishing!

Kenneth
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Kenneth »

A very good day indeed!

I echo the others in wishing you a complete recovery. Chemo is tough, I went through it several years ago, but am now out of the woods. Hang in there!

All the best,
Kenneth

driftless angler
Master Guide

Post by driftless angler »

Hoping for a complete recovery! Congrats on getting out and connecting with a fish! That had to feel great!

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

So sorry to hear about your health challenges and hoping for a good prognosis. Glad you were able to get out with the fly rod!

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Great fish on a great rod! Stay strong!

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by prairieschooner »

Good for you! Hope you have many more days out with that rod!
I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by prairieschooner »

Good for you! Hope you have many more days out with that rod!
I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

sodbank
Master Guide

Post by sodbank »

Thank you gentlemen for all the well wishes!
Looking forward to spending many more days on the water!

Doug

Return to “Photos, paintings, written stories and talents.”