Hardy Perfect check evolution

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

Forellemann

Re: Hardy Perfect check evolution

Post by Forellemann »

I am relatively new to the forum. and new to the idea of collecting older Hardy reels. I was able to see the pics in the first posting, but none in the other posts. I plan to obtain recommended resource books but in the meantime can someone submit photos or such with the various parts labelled? Eg plate windows.
I have bookmarked this thread.
Thank you

J Gustavsson
Master Guide

Post by J Gustavsson »

Hello, I will try to replace my pictures in this thread (that went away in the photoshop debacle).

scfisherman

Post by scfisherman »

This is a great post! Any chance we could get the later pictures added again? Thanks, Dave

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Many pictures are there again I do believe... from page 1...

" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

flyrodman
Master Guide

Post by flyrodman »

Update to the late Banjo's posting of of 12/20/16 Hardy Perfect with a few additional photos added. The reel is now and has been in the possession of my daughter Val coming to me from Sante's Estate. His original post, Quote " I have one you might enjoy seeing. It has a 1905 check with a quasi 1912 check and its LHW."

Sante & me at Eldridge Fly Shop, Sante admirig my 7 1/2' FET Bangor rod

Seabowisha Salmo T
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Seabowisha Salmo T »

flyrodman wrote:
08/22/21 15:47
Update to the late Banjo's posting of of 12/20/16 Hardy Perfect with a few additional photos added. The reel is now and has been in the possession of my daughter Val coming to me from Sante's Estate. His original post, Quote " I have one you might enjoy seeing. It has a 1905 check with a quasi 1912 check and its LHW."

Sante & me at Eldridge Fly Shop, Sante admirig my 7 1/2' FET Bangor rod

hello, ritchie; that is an outstanding reel and with box too. that will give the landlocks trouble. did you give daughter a big wet kiss?
jim

dder
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by dder »

Thanks for posting the pictures of the reel and you and Sante too. I never thought I would see or hear any more about this reel so glad you took time to share . May you catch many fish using it .Likely a one of a kind. Daryl

Random Casts
Master Guide

Post by Random Casts »

Hi do you have a date range of manufacture for the Duplicated Check Mark II with the non engaging second pawl?

Richard, the curious Fishn’ Pole 🇵🇱
Random Casts

Return to “Classic Reels”