Expensive Bogdan trout reel

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Expensive Bogdan trout reel

Post by spruce grouse »

I was going to bid on a run-of-the-mill Bogdan trout reel at Angling Auctions this morning but it quickly went beyond my reach and sold for £7000. That’s $9595 before the 18% surcharge and 3% credit card charge. Final bids on a lot of items seemed to be high - but that seemed excessive. Maybe nothing else to do in a pandemic? A new purchase to feel good about? I don’t know.
Last edited by spruce grouse on 04/10/21 09:09, edited 1 time in total.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Expensive Bogdan trout reel

Post by PYochim »

That is quite a deal considering someone had a reel here for $35,000 a while back. It sure sold fast. Gone in a heartbeat.

JabaliHunter
Guide

Post by JabaliHunter »

spruce grouse wrote:
04/10/21 08:31
I was going to bid on a run-of-the-mill Bogdan trout reel at Angling Auctions this morning but it quickly went beyond my reach and sold for £7000. That’s $9595 before the 18% surcharge and 3% credit card charge. Final bids on a lot of items seemed to be high - but that seemed excessive. Maybe nothing else to do in a pandemic? A new purchase to feel good about? I don’t know.
I assumed that was a typo when I checked the sold prices list!

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BigTJ »

:rollin
PYochim wrote:
04/10/21 08:59
That is quite a deal considering someone had a reel here for $35,000 a while back. It sure sold fast. Gone in a heartbeat.

DireWolf53
Master Guide

Post by DireWolf53 »

Wow! I stick with my poor man's Bogdan...the CFO ;)
"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." - Paul O'Neil

Return to “Classic Reels”