Beaudex reel foot too big for seat?

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

barebo
Master Guide

Beaudex reel foot too big for seat?

Post by barebo »

I recent acquired a nice Montague and the reels I have are all (3) Youngs Beaudex models. The slide band with the lock ring barely engages the reel foot and the last thing I want to do is file an original foot. Obviously I want to keep the original seat on the rod as it's one of the better offerings from Montague. I'm also very fond of my Youngs workhorse reels. I use longer rods and they balance them nicely and are built to last.
Are there any makers of replacement feet that are similar to the OnePfoot that were once offered?

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Beaudex reel foot too big for seat?

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, At one time Ithink One Pfoot was making some Young reel feet. I don't see them here, but there are some around I'd guess.

https://onepfoot.com/

Jay Edwards

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

Thanks Jay ! I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see if they can fix me up. I'm considering getting a chunk of aluminum and taking it to a friend that does CNC work in fine detail to see if he could make a replacement with a flatter and thinner profile.

Jdcross
Sport

Post by Jdcross »

Barebo
I wish you the best of luck
I’ve been looking for shorter reel feet for my 4” and 4 1/2” Young 10B reels.
I believe onepfoot is not longer in the young reel foot business
Jim

barebo
Master Guide

Post by barebo »

I ordered 2 feet from Bob Selb this morning. One is to replace / switch out the one I modified this morning to fit the Monty, and the other is a spare.
I have 3 Beaudex's and one CFO copy and that's it. At 66 I don't see the need for others and have sold them off. As the Youngs are so well built they should with care last me my days.
Using my dremel, I was able to carefully remove material in very small increments from the removed foot and finally have it fit nice and snug on the Monty. I have to wonder what reel(s) were used on the rods with that particular seat?

Return to “Classic Reels”