Mepps Chut-Chut

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

swedtool
Sport

Mepps Chut-Chut

Post by swedtool »

Is there anyone who knows anything about this reel.
There is some parts missing and I really want to see how they look
Mabye someone can post pictures

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Mepps Chut-Chut

Post by SpringCreek »

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the reel, however, there are a few pictures here:  http://www.pechesportivenoel.be/boutique/product.php?id_product=84
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Reeldane
Master Guide

Mepps Chut-Chut

Post by Reeldane »

Not much I know - but

MEPPS (= Manufacture d`Engins de Precision pour Peche Sportive) in Paris, France - did'nt sell many reels at all, beside the Vamp series from mid 1930's to mid 1950's, most likely made by the fine french reel manufacturer Breton. The only fly reel MEPPS ever sold as far as I know, is the Chut-Chut - first advertised in 1948 - but how long it existed I cannot find ?

Heinz

swedtool
Sport

Mepps Chut-Chut

Post by swedtool »

It seems that fly reel is maby not valuable but pretty rare

too bad that I do not know how the missing parts should look like

ubbi
Master Guide

Mepps Chut-Chut

Post by ubbi »

I was doing a search about this reel and found this thread, i 've just acquired this reel from France and it was the first time i saw that kind of reel , i think it is quite rare..mine hasn't the gear i see on yours ..but it works and the seller told me it was in perfect working condition ..mistery ?

swedtool
Sport

Re: Mepps Chut-Chut

Post by swedtool »

ubbi wrote:I was doing a search about this reel and found this thread, i 've just acquired this reel from France and it was the first time i saw that kind of reel , i think it is quite rare..mine hasn't the gear i see on yours ..but it works and the seller told me it was in perfect working condition ..mistery ?

Hi
I just bought another one and it doesen't have the gear either
It looks exactly like yours. so it's a mistery

ubbi 2
Guide

Post by ubbi 2 »

swedtool wrote:
ubbi wrote:I was doing a search about this reel and found this thread, i 've just acquired this reel from France and it was the first time i saw that kind of reel , i think it is quite rare..mine hasn't the gear i see on yours ..but it works and the seller told me it was in perfect working condition ..mistery ?

Hi
I just bought another one and it doesen't have the gear either
It looks exactly like yours. so it's a mistery
??? ??? ??? :rollin

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, There was a Mepps spinning reel on E.... a while back. I think it was red and didn't go for too much. Ya gotta love the Chut-Chut! Jay Edwards

Reeldane
Master Guide

Post by Reeldane »

The Chut-Chut have been sold several time of different web-auction the last couple of years, latest a few days ago on swedish Tradera (Ebay) - seems to be in fine condition - sold for some $20, also seen in the huge UK flea marked in Redditch last weekend - at £10.-
So I guess that it might be rarely seen in the US - but seems to pop up regularly in Europe where it was produced/sold.

Return to “Classic Reels”