Pearsall's Gossamer Silk

A place to discuss the collecting and tying of classic flies, the tyers who made them famous, the tools, materials and techniques they used as well as the waters they were designed for. While classic is generally used to describe old things, classic is also used in the sense of first class or in the highest form. Therefore a fully dressed Salmon Fly, or a Carrie Stevens Streamer are just as much classics as a Chernobyl Ant would be. Enjoy the forum.

Moderators: Ken M 44, joaniebo

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Pearsall's Gossamer Silk

Post by bassman »

OUCH!!!

PS... The funny thing about a post going to the next page is if it is a response to the post before it it just doesn't make any sense. I had to go back and look at last post to see what I was talking about. ;) Oh yeah, it was the post for 3 spools of Gossamer selling for $60. :eek

norcal_1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by norcal_1 »

US source for the 54 Dean St silk thread:
https://www.gunpowdercustomtackle.com/p ... ilk-thread

54 Dean Street Ephemera Silk Thread
$5.50 Price

54 Dean Street's Ephemera pure silk tying thread is perfect for traditional tying styles or any fly where the qualities of silk thread are desired. These pure silk threads are manufactured in France by the historical embroidery Au Ver A Soie which has been producing fine silk threads since 1820. Ephemera silk threads are very similar to Pearsall's Gossamer in diameter, being a true three strand twist, and strength. To ensure uniformity and great color saturation these threads are dyed in floats ( full hanks) and are offered on 100 meter wood spools for use. The wooden spool fit a normal sized bobbin holder perfectly!

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishermann1955 »

Since a link to Ebay is against the Forum rules, I will not add one. You can search completed auctions and see it yourself. On Sunday, a Pearsall's box with 12 assorted spools of Gossamer (including purple, hot orange, black, and ash) sold for $124.00.

Tight Lines- Ken

Return to “Collecting and Tying Classic Flies”