Grinding coffee beans

As the name implies this is the Cooks Kitchen. A place to share your favorite recipes, preparations and secrets of how you cook, be it in the kitchen, the tailgate of your truck, shore lunch or campfire.

Moderators: Titelines, Ken M 44

mdwinks

Re: Grinding coffee beans

Post by mdwinks »

I've been enjoying coffee from Duluth Coffee Co. I get a variety of medium and dark roasts. It's a nice locally owned business. I only mention this because I see you're in WI, so perhaps you sometimes make your way to the Brule River, and the Superior/ Duluth area.
-Mark

Franknrod
Sport

Post by Franknrod »

If you are really into coffee, you can roast your own. I started doing this several years ago after my brother visited from Kenya with fresh roasted coffee beans. I could not get anything as good locally nor on the internet but came across the website below. I have never looked back and have been roasting my own coffee for nearly 20 years!

If you have time for a new obsession - check out Sweet Marias (and other sites)!

https://www.sweetmarias.com/
Frank Payne

owenscaddis
Guide

Post by owenscaddis »

I have been enjoying coffee from a local roaster for years- Pannikin's in Leucadia, CA. I am especially fond of their Costa Rican and Ethiopian coffees.

JoshR77

Post by JoshR77 »

reelytrout wrote:
04/13/18 05:59
I purchase coffee from “Birds and Beans”. The “Scarlet Tanager” roast is my favorite. This coffee is Smithsonian certified “Bird Friendly”. Great tasting coffee, enviromentaly sound, and at the cost of Starbucks.
I use the Birds and Beans too, really great taste.

VanfromMaine

Post by VanfromMaine »

I got a Stanley pour over coffee maker for Christmas matches my 16oz thermos great setup for tailgate cooking

Return to “The Cooks Kitchen”