Add image to post

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Add image to post

Post by fefferje »

I am still trying to get an image to post in my text response. I am able to
transfer the image from my phone. It says it is 100% complete, but the image does not post in my text response. Any suggestions about what could be going awry. Thanks, Jed
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Add image to post

Post by fefferje »

Still not able to add image to post. I can get the photo copied using the add image, but the image never gets added to the post. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Jed
Fefferfly

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

What browser are you using? Explain step by step what you are doing. At each step explain what you are seeing in the post window.

Are you seeing the image link enclosed inside the two "img" parts

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
before you click submit for the post? Normally you won't be able to see the image until the post has been submitted and it shows up as a forum post.

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

So Mark, I use google, and the phone I am using to post is a windows supported Nokia. When I click on "add image" I see a window that has "choose image" in a box. Beneath that box it says, "Click or choose copy and paste or drag and drop files anywhere.". I choose "thumbnails from the drop down menu. When I click on "choose image" the screen changes to my photos. Then I click on a photo and get the code: WP_20170801_22_16_22Pro.jpg. The line above this shows the image transferring in % until. 100% is achieved. Then my post goes completely blank, and even the writing in my post is gone. I have essentially nothing to submit. Any help you can give Mark would be much appreciated. Jed
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Mark, it seems that the problem lies with my phone. I can easily post the pictures from our laptop. Hence, I will have to download the photos to the laptop to add them to posts, or get a new phone. I have been planning the purchase of a phone for a while, considering that windows no longer is involved in the phone business, and the nokia I own is window's based. Thanks Mark, Jed. p.s. if you can think of anything I can do with this nokia to post the pics let me know. Cheers, Jed
Fefferfly

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Something goofy going on with the browser on your phone. Once the photo gets uploaded to postimage, the scripting behind the scenes should leave you the link with the proper tags at the beginning and end of the line. If it's wiping that out and leaving you with a blank box, it's either a setting issue in your phone's browser or the version of java on your phone is old and incompatible with the current version that postimage us using.

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks Mark. I will see if anyone can help me at AT and T; otherwise I'll get a new phone. Would there be anything I can do with the settings on my phone??? Jed
Fefferfly

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Jed,

Don't know about the phone settings. I've never used or seen a Windows phone, so I don't really have any idea what can actually be configured on it. Sorry I'm not much help there.

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks for getting back Mark. I really appreciate your taking the time. I am going to download my phone photos on our laptop, and then research buying a new phone! Best, Jed
Fefferfly

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Good luck! Sorry I wasn't much help on this one.

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Fefferfly

oldphart
Sport

Post by oldphart »

I am missing something - when I try to use the "add image to post" , I get a drop down postimage window "choose images". click on that and it shows me photos on my laptop,
but none of the images or albums I have uploaded to postimage . Must I be logged in to my postimage account for this to work?

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Why don't you try it and see? I always log in and toggle back and forth between here and there.

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Just testing the "add image" with my new phone. Hope it works. Cheers, Jed

I am so happy. It works! I'm glad I got an Apple 7 +. It has lots of good features, and is a big improvement on my Nokia phone. Cheers, Jes
Fefferfly

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Excellent! It was probably just old software on the Nokia not compatible with whatever Postimage uses for the image posting.

Mark

DUCKMANNM
Master Guide

Post by DUCKMANNM »

test

Return to “Technical Support”