Mark topics as read

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Forellemann

Mark topics as read

Post by Forellemann »

Is there a way to mark topics as read? I notice that after I click on them they change from red to green, but once I close the forum they turn back to red. Thus I have no easy way to know where I left off. I’m not up to reading 400+ pages at one sitting.

Thank you,
Austin

Titelines
Administrator

Re: Mark topics as read

Post by Titelines »

Use the "Mark Forum Read" button in each sub-forum when you are finished with that sub-forum. There's also a "Mark Forums Read Button" on the main page of the forum that will mark all sub-forums with their posts as read.

Mark

Forellemann

Post by Forellemann »

Does the mark come up as an arrow with an envelope? By sub forum do you mean topic? I hit the mark as read button for a whole forum. Is there a way to undo that?

Thank you,
Austin

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Forellemann wrote:Does the mark come up as an arrow with an envelope? By sub forum do you mean topic? I hit the mark as read button for a whole forum. Is there a way to undo that?

Thank you,
Austin
No, it's just a button at the top of the sub-forum. Once you click on the button, it will mark all the posts in that forum as read, and you'll see an "un-bolding" of the topic titles. A sub-forum is just one of the sections of the forum on the main page or a section within one of the sub-forums. Once you hit the Mark as Read button, either within one of the sub-forums, or on the main page of the forum, it can't be reversed.

Mark

Forellemann

Post by Forellemann »

To be clear then: Technical Support is a forum, Classic Reels is a forum. So that within the 343pp of Classic Reels I need a pencil and paper to know which topics I have read or where I have left off.

Thank you,
Austin

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Yes, they are all forums on the Classicflyrodforum.com.

Unless you Mark All as Read in each sub-forum, that's pretty much it. Once you've read each topic, it will automatically mark itself as read by your user account. So, if you want to go through each topic on every sub-forum, then they will show up as unread until you actually read them. You'll notice on the main page of the forum, there will be a small fly icon that shows there are unread topics in that forum. Once you go into that sub-forum, topics with new posts will show with the same fly icon, and also a little orange "page" at the end of the title. Once you've read that topic, those little icons will disappear until someone makes a new post in that topic.

How you organize your read and unread topics is up to you. I don't read each and every topic or post on this forum because the topic may not interest me, but others may do just that. I just pick and read the topics that catch my attention on each sub-forum daily, and when I've read the ones that do catch my interest, I just hit the mark all read in that sub-forum so that the next time I visit that sub-forum, the topics that are new or have new posts are indicated by the fly and paper icon. If you wish to go through each and every post on this whole forum you'll have to figure out some way to find where you left off previously. There's no easy way to do that on this, or pretty much any forum I've been a member off but maybe you'll find something that works for you.

Mark

Return to “Technical Support”