Posting pictures

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Mister Bill
Master Guide

Posting pictures

Post by Mister Bill »

For a while I posted from Photobucket, then that dried up. For a while, I posted from "Add image" as below. Then, that dried up. I tried again yesterday from several computers. I see that other people are still posting.

Does anyone have any information?

Bill

WoollyMammoth
Guide

Re: Posting pictures

Post by WoollyMammoth »

As a newcomer I had the same problems. When I finally made it work a few different ways I posted some procedures here and Titelines chose to make my post “sticky.” I think it’s still at the top; hope you find it helpful.
WoollyM

Mister Bill
Master Guide

Post by Mister Bill »

Thanks. Not that I object, but are those two sites pay for play?

Just asking.

I would probably prefer Photobucket at they already have a bunch of my pics that I cannot access.

Bill

WoollyMammoth
Guide

Post by WoollyMammoth »

Mister Bill wrote:…are those two sites pay for play?…
I’ve never paid. That’s not to say they don’t offer some kind of premium service for a fee but I’ve used them for posting to this forum at no cost.
WoollyM

oddsnrods
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by oddsnrods »

At the bottom of this text box, while typing, it says 'add image to post'. When finished typing I click on this which opens a 'postimage' box. Then click 'choose image' which opens up a list of my desk top items. I 'choose' image which I highlight. Click on 'preview' my post to make sure image is attached, then post.
I find 'resize' button in 'postimage' does not work, so image is posted small to click and enlarge as required.We use Mac computers.

Malcolm

Mister Bill
Master Guide

Post by Mister Bill »

Thanks, worked like a charm.

hopkintoncane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by hopkintoncane »

I cannot load pics from postimage to a posting here on the forum, I have a link on my message edit page at the bottom that says "add image to post", I get a "choose images" link I assume to "upload" an image, but I don't go to postimage, I go to my photos on my computer, I select a photo and then nothing happens, what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Todd

Jaimec
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Jaimec »

Ok, so when all the photobucket crap went down I tried PostImage and absolutely HATED IT. I now use imgur.com for all of this and it's simple as hell, and yes, it's free. I highly recommend it.

Jaime

Return to “Technical Support”