Ticked

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Random Casts
Master Guide

Ticked

Post by Random Casts »

Ok, I am really ticked.

I was writing a lengthy post with pictures attached. After completing the post I wanted to preview it. Somewhere along the line, and without notification i had been kicked out and the post was lost.

Is there not some way to notify the writer that he is about to be kicked out or at least do an auto save when kicked out?

Richard
Random Casts

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Re: Ticked

Post by fishnbanjo »

There was a post about the developers of the software for the site to be doing an upgrade and an OS update and that we might expect a few glitches. Unfortunately these folks have thousands of sites they host and do not monitor them for activities, we wouldn’t know anything was going to happen either so there would be no way we could alert you.

When I’m going to make a lengthy post I use Word or Notepad. I don’t always finish what I’m writing if it will be long and will have a way to save it and come back to it, this relieves any anguish one might get when something like what happened to you rears its ugly head.
banjo

Random Casts
Master Guide

Post by Random Casts »

Thanks banjo,

I think I have figured out a way to circumvent the time outs.

Richard
Random Casts

Jaimec
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Jaimec »

Banjo, I think the issue here is simply getting 'timed out' and having to log back in. Been there, done that. Now when I have a long post, or get interrupted, I just copy the body of the post in case I'm logged out when I hit preview or publish. Problem solved.

Return to “Technical Support”