SQL error

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

SQL error

Post by fefferje »

Each time I try to post a reply on a particular thread I get a notice of an SQL error. Any advice?? Thanks, Jed

Titelines
Administrator

Re: SQL error

Post by Titelines »

Which thread?

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

It’s always been the thread for wishing happy birthday to Sante. I even tried pming him happy birthday but that resulted in the sql error notice as well. I have had no problems posting on other threads or pming other people. I did try logging off and logging on again, but that didn’t resolve trying to wish Sante happy birthday. Thanks for getting back Mark. Jed
Fefferfly

BrownBear
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BrownBear »

Would you happen to have Avast security software installed? Every now and again I've had it get crossways with posts here and elsewhere, appearing to have something to do with their VPN process. I say that, because when I turn off VPN, the problems go away.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Yeah, that's kinda weird Jed. I posted to Sante's thread and have had a number of PM's since Dreamhost updated the SQL server software. Something has to be interfering with the exchange of data between your computer and the forum software. Please let me know if you continue to have problems and can't trace it back to your computer. If it continues I'll put in a tech support ticket with Dreamhost.

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Ok Mark thanks. Like I said it only up to now has come up when I have tried to post a birthday wish to Sante, whether on the “birthday thread” or when I pm him with birthday wishes. I wonder if I send him a pm without birthday wishes if it would go through. Now that would be really weird. Any thought on how I could send him birthday wishes??? Thanks again Mark. Best, Jed
Fefferfly

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Jed,

Try the PM, see if that goes through. And try posting again to the birthday thread. Did you clear your cache and cookies? There's a link on the bottom of the forum on the main page that does that for you. It does require you to log back in again if you do that.

Mark

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

I tried the pm and the post in the thread. It didn’t work! I ‘LL try the cookie clearing. Thanks Mark, Jed
Fefferfly

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Hey Mark I tried clearing the cookies. And when I posted to the thread it was the same weird sql error. Could I send a birthday wish to you and you post it for me on the thread??? You could just acknowledge I sent it. Let me know. Thanks, Jed
Fefferfly

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Sure thing.

Mark

jap201
Guide

Post by jap201 »

Hi Jed

First question, have you upgraded your browser, or updated your pc (mac, phone, pad, whatever) recently?

Next, what browser are you using? I've got a mac with safari as the primary browser. It works fine here, but does not work for some other web sites. Alternate browsers are google chrome or firefox. I switch to them for web sites that safari has a problem with. Have you tried a different browser?

last, have you tried powering down and restarting your phone (pc, mac, pad, etc)?

Sorry if you've already answered these questions.

Joe

p.s. what was the exact sql error you're getting?

Return to “Technical Support”