Why am I listed as the author of a topic I did not start?

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Mahseer
Guide

Why am I listed as the author of a topic I did not start?

Post by Mahseer »

I am puzzled as to why I am shown as the author of the Topic 'Pike on the Fly' viewtopic.php?f=65&t=123565 I've written to ask the Moderators but not received a reply.

This was started by a new member on 1 August, probably their first post. Mine was the first reply, to which s/he gave an informative, detailed response, for which I thanked them.

Someone seems to have since deleted their posts, leaving me shown as the author of a thread that now makes no sense at all.

If the original post on this topic cannot be replaced, could the Moderators at least ensure the original poster is shown as the author, and perhaps add a note as to why the thread is as it is?

Thanks

Titelines
Administrator

Re: Why am I listed as the author of a topic I did not start

Post by Titelines »

Can't explain that one. Someone deleted the original post, and there are other replies to it. Can't reinstate the original post since it's deleted and there're really no way to add the original post back in even blank. There's no real way to change the author of your post to whoever posted it originally, even if we knew who it was.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Simply delete the whole thread - not like it hasn't been done before.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Gremlins?

Mahseer
Guide

Post by Mahseer »

Thanks guys. It looks like the Author of the topic, presumably for reasons of their own, deleted all their posts on the board.

I suspect when the author deletes their post the system automatically redesignates the “first responder” as the author. No biggie.

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

jhuskey wrote:Simply delete the whole thread - not like it hasn't been done before.
Actually there is still a lot of interesting reading in the rest of the thread. Probably the original poster got PO'ed at someone and took his ball and went home and his posts along with them. I thought of deleting the whole post until I read it and enjoyed a lot of comments, particularly those where the same pike and bass I loved to fish for is hated in other waters.

Return to “Technical Support”