Camera, photo posting question

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

William Dunn
Guide

Camera, photo posting question

Post by William Dunn »

I have been using a Canon Power Shot SX150is for posting photos with no problems. All of a sudden when I try to upload photos to a hosting site I get a computer message that the memory card needs to be formatted, which I do and repeat the process with the same outcome. Could this be because I upgraded to Microsoft OS 10? Or some other reason?

fragmentum
Master Guide

Re: Camera, photo posting question

Post by fragmentum »

Bill,
You might be able to avoid this reformatting by moving you photos to a folder on your computer desktop, then transfer the images to your hosting site from there. Also, if you are posting photos in Classic Fly Rod Forum, you don't even need a hosting site for your photos, Just use the upload feature here in the forums where is says 'Add image to post' on the lower left corner of the Message box.

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

+1 move your images to your computer first. It sounds like your hosting site doesn't recognize your memory card as a folder on your system which could be related to OS 10 or camera security.

Frag - the "add image to post" is a hosted site "postimage.org"

William Dunn
Guide

Post by William Dunn »

It seems that it is a computer problem. The PC won't recognize the memory card so I can't upload. The PC repair guys told me to bring it in and they would fix it. Thanks.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

The memory card is not locked is it?
Please take no offense

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

Does your camera have a USB output that you could connect to your computer?

Return to “Technical Support”