Anybody else missing pics in Postimage?

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Anybody else missing pics in Postimage?

Post by Short Tip »

I just logged into my Postimage account to find most of my albums empty, and others reduced by half or more. I sent an email to support, hopefully it's a glitch. I don't archive photos on these sites, but I'd hate to have to upload them all, again.

Shrimpman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Anybody else missing pics in Postimage?

Post by Shrimpman »

I'm not sure of the size limitations, but I just do it without an account. I keep the links in a Word doc.
Kean

dder
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by dder »

Looked at ones I had in albums 2 days ago and again just now and seem to still be there. Hope they can get your pictures back as it does take time to load them. Interested to hear what they say happened. Daryl

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

They did reply, and the pics are back. It was server maintenance they say. It was pretty disconcerting, and took about 24 hours to full repopulate. Whew!

bearbutt
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bearbutt »

Short Tip wrote:T It was server maintenance they say.
LOL. "Maintenance?" They've changed over their platform to add a paywall. The free accounts continue, but with advertising now, and downgraded resolution for hotlinks to the forum. Of course, you can pay to get a new "Premium" account--$7 per month for a one-year plan, with a 10% discount if you pay under the table with bitcoin.

Here we go again....

bb

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Oh well, all good things must end I suppose. I know storage is cheaper all the time, but when these guys get real popular like Postimage has, it's got to start adding up. And of course, we've learned that there is no free on the internet - We are the product these "free" services are selling, be it Zoom, Dropbox, Constant Contact, etc. etc. We're just a crop they harvest and send to market.

Most of the other forums I participate in support and encourage direct upload of photos. I like that much better. The third party hosting stuff has always been a PITA. I have a dormant website, maybe I'll go back to FTPing photos there and use those links.

bearbutt
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bearbutt »

Short Tip wrote: Most of the other forums I participate in support and encourage direct upload of photos. I like that much better. The third party hosting stuff has always been a PITA.
Paul, can you list a few of those forums? I want to get a look at some of them. I've been very impressed with the insane efficiency of the Omega watch forum, which is based in Australia--which has does direct uploads of pretty large files--watch geeks are really into quality photos and details.

Thanks,
bb

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Joe, sure thing. Don't laugh now!

https://classiccampstoves.com/

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php
bearbutt wrote:
Short Tip wrote: Most of the other forums I participate in support and encourage direct upload of photos. I like that much better. The third party hosting stuff has always been a PITA.
Paul, can you list a few of those forums? I want to get a look at some of them. I've been very impressed with the insane efficiency of the Omega watch forum, which is based in Australia--which has does direct uploads of pretty large files--watch geeks are really into quality photos and details.

Thanks,
bb

Return to “Technical Support”