Re posting photos ques

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Re posting photos ques

Post by Flykuni3 »

Simple ques, is there any other way of posting photos besides our normal postimage route?

uppercreek
Guide

Re: Re posting photos ques

Post by uppercreek »

I use PictureTrail as my image hoster. Easy to upload photos from your computer. Then you click on "Get image URL's" and copy and paste the Forums URL into your post. I think it's still free for a limited number of stored images (you can delete old images).

- Kevin

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

I can't shake the feeling that Postimage is going to eventually pull the plug like Photobucket did. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I have over a thousand images there, many of which are posted to this forum.
Mark

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Flykuni3 wrote:Simple ques, is there any other way of posting photos besides our normal postimage route?
You can use any photo hosting service you desire.

Mark

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

With the caveat ... there is no guarantee that the photo hosting service will stay free / available, and thus the terrible loss of the historical archive on this forum.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

roycestearns wrote:
With the caveat ... there is no guarantee that the photo hosting service will stay free / available, and thus the terrible loss of the historical archive on this forum.
Yup. But then again, there never was. Business models change, and sometimes we are the victim. There's no guarantee this forum will go on forever either.

Mark

dave potts
Guide

Post by dave potts »

Postimage can and has given users Malware. Just looking at a picture someone has posted through them is risky.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

dave potts wrote:Postimage can and has given users Malware. Just looking at a picture someone has posted through them is risky.
That's true for pretty much every image hosting service. The malware is embedded in the photos.

Mark

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Thanks. I guess.

Return to “Technical Support”