Imported text

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

WF70
Guide

Imported text

Post by WF70 »

Is there any way I can import text so it appears as a post rather than an attachment from an external source? As I age these letter squares are getting smaller and harder to hit with my stylus pen. It would be a great aid to be able to type something on my computer and import to this android for posting. I'm retired so this is my only affordable connection to the internet.

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Imported text

Post by crowebeetle »

Copy and paste

WF70
Guide

Post by WF70 »

Any takers?

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Crowbeetle had the solution. This is a web forum, not software running on your local computer. I've never seen that facility on any web forum I've ever been a member of.

WF70
Guide

Post by WF70 »

I have things I have written on my computer in word. I can probably put into lots of different forms with open office. Then I can transfer from my computer to a download folder on my android. I have not figured out to copy and paste a file from a folder on my android directly into a text format on the board. That was my issue. Can it be done? I'm not a fan of hunting and pecking with a stylus pen for anything other than a short post.
Can't be done? Fine. Just need to know if it can be done .

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Do a web search on cutting and pasting on an Android. It's already been mentioned that cutting and pasting work.

WF70
Guide

Post by WF70 »

Has it?
Hmmm.
Thanks.
Bzzzzt!!

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »