Post Images broken again?

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post Images broken again?

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

Seeing a bunch of question marks. Are others seeing these as well or do you see photos?

Cheers,
Joe

flyroder72
Sport

Re: Post Images broken again?

Post by flyroder72 »

I'm having the same issue. None of the images are shown and they don't come up when you click on them. That makes it hard when you are looking through the classifieds. Someone help please!
Thanks, Russ.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Probably a glitch on the Postimage server. Looks like the photos are fine now.

Mark

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

I agree, I can see them now. Thanks Mark!

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

NewUtahCaneAngler wrote:
05/25/21 14:11
I agree, I can see them now. Thanks Mark!
No worries. I just waved my magic fingers and the internet self-repaired. :rollin

Mark

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. They are still broken on my Samsung tablet and phone. I get a "your connection sis not private message".

Mark, please waive some more :-)

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

i'm getting unopenable question marks "because Safari cannot connect to server." Haven't been able to see anything for days. Help.

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

So I also use safari on a Macbook. I see images, but for those who don't post full size, i get the can't connect to server when trying to enlarge a photo. Samsung phone and tablet just show ??

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Have either of you tried a different browser? We've had quite a few folks who've had issues with Safari before. I'm currently using Firefox and not seeing any issues with photos showing up in the posts.

Mark

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

I just tried Firefox with similar results: "The owner of postimage.cc has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to the website." I have used Safari successfully on the Forum for many years. Very mysterious. Never realized how important to the enjoyment of the Forum the beautiful photos are.

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

OK, I just started suddenly seeing images again in the middle of browsing the site (on Safari)! Did you wave that magic wand? Whatever it was, something worked. Thanks.

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

Correction: The images returned on my MacBook, but NOT the iPad, all of whom are synced up.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Dunno what to tell you. Don't do Apple products. Haven't touched an Apple product since the days of Appletalk munging the local networks. Got to be something somewhere in your settings. I run Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with Firefox 88.0.1 and I'm seeing nothing like you guys are.

Mark

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

My phone and tablet are Samsung products. Neither show photos, so it's not a Apple issue. Update, I can see photos on the Samsung devices now, but when I click on the small ones to enlarge them, see "Your Connection is Not Private" warning and something about upgrading Chrome's security.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

I was replying in that case to Cimarron after he mentioned he uses Safari on his Apple products. The Chrome thing is probably griping about it not being an https URL maybe? Not seeing that with Firefox or Brave.

Mark

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

Well, I added Firefox to my iPad and still not seeing images. Also not seeing them on my Samsung phone in Firefox or Chrome.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Maybe something in the IPad/Mac's security settings? I'm just guessing here, since I don't run the OS's that have been mentioned so far.

Mark

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Mark,

You are likely correct. There was a recent update to the Mac OS, which might have broken postimage for some of us. I can't even log into my postimage account any longer. I get a message that safari cannot connect because it can't establish a secure connection. I expect the Russian's to be contacting me any day asking for $$ to regain access to my images. Thanks for looking into this for us.

Cheers,
Joe

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Hopefully that's the case and Apple will come out with some patch updates that fix this. Maybe submit a bug report to Apple about the problem?

Mark

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

I visit another forum a few times a day, and it's the same problem. Smart phone users have a lot of trouble with images.
For every other for sale listing, it's "Email me for photos."

Return to “Technical Support”