Forum Moderators

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Titelines
Administrator

Forum Moderators

Post by Titelines »

As you may have noticed, we now have moderators assigned to each individual forum. In each description for the forum, the mods who volunteered to take the time to look after each individual forum are listed at the end of the description.

If you need to report a post, have problems with the individual forum, have questions about the individual forum, or need help with that individual forum, please PM one of the moderators listed for that forum for some help.

Mark

Titelines
Administrator

Re: Forum Moderators

Post by Titelines »

I've added the ability to single-click a PM to the moderators for each forum. If you have issues or kudos to send to the individual mods, simply click on their name link on the main page, and you'll be taken directly to the page where you can send a PM to that mod.

I'm also looking for a way to do this from inside the forum too.

Mark

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Well, change v3.0 to the forum moderator listings...

The only way I could get the mod links to show up inside at the top of the forums was through the mod assignment admin web page, and the links take you to the individual moderator's profile page. You'll have to click on the PM link on the profile page. One extra step.

Mark

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

Sorry about that folks. Didn't realize I'd locked the topic when I made it a sticky. It's unlocked for comments.

Mark

Petrarch
Guide

Post by Petrarch »

All of the above sound like good ideas! Thank you for taking the time and effort to make these changes.
Mark
aka Alaric11
Alaricus Rex Gothorum
Avatar of Mont Ventoux, Petrarch's account of his ascent on April 26th, 1336 : http://www.idehist.uu.se/distans/ilmh/R ... entoux.htm

Hardyrod1974
Sport

Post by Hardyrod1974 »

Hi,
I'm logged in without any issues.
I have tried to send PM's lately and they just stay in my "Outbox".
Both have been while using the Classified's. One to a memember, this one did leave my "Outbox" but doesn't show in in my "Sent box"
Two were sent to the Classified's moderator and as of the last time I checked, they were still there.
Richard Sims

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

salmonid1
Guide

Post by salmonid1 »

Just curious. I always follow Forum protocol but was a bit taken back by a notice that I just got. It read only one posting per day. I posted an item in the classified then went on to answer a member to give some advice about his "for sale" item. It was not a FS posting, simply a piece of advice to another member. Does that constitute a second posting and am assuming that the gentleman likely did not get my helpful comment. Best, Carmine Lisella

salmonid1
Guide

Post by salmonid1 »

Just reread rules and regs. I guess responding to a classified ad even to make contact with another member to give him some advice constitutes a second posting!! Correct?? Carmine Lisella

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

You can't post a reply in the Classifieds. You need to PM the poster if you wish to contact them. The one post is set up so you can only make one classified post in 24 hours. You can post multiple items in one classified post. All other forums are wide open to posting with multiple posts per day allowed.

Mark

Return to “Technical Support”