POP UP'S!

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

POP UP'S!

Post by kermit »

WHATS WITH THE POP UP'S? TOOK ME SEVERAL TRIES TO GET OUT OF THEM TO RETURN TO THE FORUM! GUESS THERE PART OF ezboard. IF THIS CONTINUES, I WILL LEAVE THIS FORUM FOR GOOD, AND AM SURE THAT SEVERAL WILL FOLLOW!

KERMIT........
Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

deepdiverned

POP UP'S!

Post by deepdiverned »

Kermit -
I'd suggest you want to check your browser settings - other than at sign-in (which is infrequent, since I use the "Remember me" feature), I've never seen a single pop-up on this Board.

uniphasian
Global Moderator

POP UP'S!

Post by uniphasian »

I don't get them either, and my pop-up blocker is set to allow pop-ups from ezboard.

You may want to run a spyware scan on your computer. If you don't have one, here is a good one. It's what I use and it's free:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
- Uni

pvansch1
Administrator

POP UP'S!

Post by pvansch1 »

Your most likely infested with something, it's not EZ Board
download and run the adaware as suggested above, scan for virus's, then go to Microsoft and download the new Defender Beta 2 release, install and run, if Running XP verify you are running service pack 2, if not, back up your data and install all the MS patches.
Pete
Pete

redhawknc1

POP UP'S!

Post by redhawknc1 »

I run the lavasoft software every few days. It is the best I have found. I have never had a popup on the board! ....or really anywhere since using adaware! You'll be suprised exactly how much spyware is on your computer!

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

POP UP'S!

Post by kermit »

I see that the wife has let Norton anti expire!!!! Been trying all suggestions + our providers recomendations......Seem's everyone's after your buck!

Thanks all, KERMIT
Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

pvansch1
Administrator

POP UP'S!

Post by pvansch1 »

Try setting the date back to before Norton expired, go to the Symantec sight - Find and download the update file (about 11MB) and run it. It should allow the update, then scan for virus's.
Adaware for free is a tough dig through their website, but still available, Microsoft Defender beta 2 is definately free on their sight.
Still having problems getting the files Email me.
Pete
Pete

Return to “Technical Support”