Member Rankings

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

Titelines
Administrator

Member Rankings

Post by Titelines »

A question was asked recently by a board member as to what the member rankings actually meant. The rankings are based on the number of posts the individual member has made. In order, from the lowest to the highest, along with the number of posts required:

Member 0
Sport 25
Guide 100
Master Guide 350
Bamboo Fanatic 1000

Hope that answers the question. :D

Mark

toothybugs
Master Guide

Re: Member Rankings

Post by toothybugs »

Last edited by toothybugs on 10/25/16 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
- NJG
(It's Nate, but I generally only sign my initials.)

Got loopage?
http://plumbrookrods.wordpress.com

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

:rollin

Mark

bulldog1935
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bulldog1935 »

Sounds fair if we can change 100 to 350 to "Know-It-All"

pittendrigh
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by pittendrigh »

FWIW: .... or is it FWLIW:

I met someone at Google--a PHD Computer Science guy--who is working on an "identify internet leaders" algorithm. They count the number of posts a given person makes to all the "forums" and "social media" they participate in. Then they count the likes and responses. Then they use keyword magic to count positive responses and negative responses (so they don't end up identifying dysfunctional trolls as important "internet personalities").

Then, for all "important internet personalities" identified by their robotic programs, they bump their posts up closer to the top of any Google results page that resulted from someone else's keyword search.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

You guys...........sounds like sour grapes to me. What's wrong with a fellow having fun in a world they enjoy? And, I'm curious. There is no mention of the number of posts against the years of membership. In other words if a person has 3,000 post but has been a member for ten years does that really mean anything? really? Maybe that person makes simple posts. Say, like simply saying one word like "Welcome" to new members. Geeeze that would be shameful. Maybe that person simply likes the company kept here on the forum. Could that be? He might even like you guys too. :)

Flyman615
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flyman615 »

Skagit wrote:Can we add "Windbag" at about 2500 posts?
Hilarious. Is it any wonder we've lost some of our best Forum contributors?
Flyman615

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Fanwing
Master Guide

Post by Fanwing »

Hellmtflies wrote:You guys...........sounds like sour grapes to me. What's wrong with a fellow having fun in a world they enjoy? And, I'm curious. There is no mention of the number of posts against the years of membership. In other words if a person has 3,000 post but has been a member for ten years does that really mean anything? really? Maybe that person makes simple posts. Say, like simply saying one word like "Welcome" to new members. Geeeze that would be shameful. Maybe that person simply likes the company kept here on the forum. Could that be? He might even like you guys too. :)
Awww, shucks Mark.
Don't you change a bit.
We might even kind of like you too. ;)
Cheers buddy.
BTW they loaded up the trucks at Fenway last week. Headed for Florida!
A spring training game in March sounds pretty good about now.
At this rate I may never acheive "Windbag" status.
(I know, I know. You're welcome.)

Bob

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Skagit wrote:Can we add "Windbag" at about 2500 posts? :D
That depends on the content of the posts.

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Personally, I'd like to see a lot more posts on all users, and coming from the Members Corner Forum. I remember when I first posted on that forum, hellmtflies was one of those who said hello - that's why I try to do the same when somebody joins and gives an introduction - simply common courtesy but probably more appreciated than most realize. Keep it up Mark, and thanks!

bulldog1935
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bulldog1935 »

Hellmtflies wrote:...sounds like sour grapes to me. What's wrong with a fellow having fun in a world they enjoy? ..
et tu

Tom2Cast
Master Guide

Post by Tom2Cast »

Why even bother having a ranking? Does it really matter whether a poster is a member or a bamboo fanatic or anything inbetween? I feel the date the person joined and the number of post is good enough.
Just my 2-cents.
-Tom

Ben Kann
Master Guide

Post by Ben Kann »

PYochim wrote:
Skagit wrote:Can we add "Windbag" at about 2500 posts? :D
That depends on the content of the posts.
That sounds good. Can I be the judge? PLEEZE???
(BTW-does this post count?)
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

Tom2Cast
Master Guide

Post by Tom2Cast »

pittendrigh wrote:FWIW: .... or is it FWLIW:

I met someone at Google--a PHD Computer Science guy--who is working on an "identify internet leaders" algorithm. They count the number of posts a given person makes to all the "forums" and "social media" they participate in. Then they count the likes and responses. Then they use keyword magic to count positive responses and negative responses (so they don't end up identifying dysfunctional trolls as important "internet personalities").

Then, for all "important internet personalities" identified by their robotic programs, they bump their posts up closer to the top of any Google results page that resulted from someone else's keyword search.
Pretty funny Sandy.

Oh btw, I typed in "Classic Fly" into the Keyword Google Search and guess what came up on top?

I suppose it's a good thing those robots don't consider this forum to be dysfunctional.
-Tom

Fred Hase
Sport

Post by Fred Hase »

This helps a new peep! Thanks

Return to “Technical Support”