New Book by Robert L. Smith

An area where you can discuss books about angling, classic tackle, angling literature, your favorite authors, old and new, and any upcoming books you see of interest and of course all the classics as well.

Moderator: Whitefish Press

joaniebo
Bamboo Fanatic

New Book by Robert L. Smith

Post by joaniebo »

Saw a Facebook post that Rob Smith is working on a second book on North Country Spiders. Hoping it comes out later this year for use over the upcoming winter months.

creakycane
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: New Book by Robert L. Smith

Post by creakycane »

That will be a great event, I'm sure. It seems Bob is pretty busy tying flies, presentations, articles these days - Glad he still has time for another book.

Do you know if C-y-B is doing this one, too?

Thanks

joaniebo
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by joaniebo »

creakycane wrote:That will be a great event, I'm sure. It seems Bob is pretty busy tying flies, presentations, articles these days - Glad he still has time for another book.

Do you know if C-y-B is doing this one, too?

Thanks
Don't know if C-y-B will have it available. I would think so but, we'll know for sure when it comes out. Saw it on a Facebook post by Rob.

NedZeppelin
Guide

Post by NedZeppelin »

Great - I would look forward to it especially if he includes his own patterns, and recipes and recommendations for feathers and furs you can’t buy. More and more I am thinking about patterns for our PA fish to match the hatch, and soft hackles which incorporate a tungsten bead (I know, heresy, but on my stream, there is a need to get down sometimes. . .)

Stilesville
Sport

Post by Stilesville »

I'm in almost daily correspondence with Rob regarding his forthcoming book and it looks like it is growing exponentially. Rob is looking at a release date of early in '20 but from what I am seeing the slight wait will be very much worth it.

dale
Master Guide

Post by dale »

Any news on this book?

Dale

creakycane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by creakycane »

Yes, I'd be curious as well. ? Thanks

Return to “Book Talk”