My next book "The Zen of Home Waters".

An area where you can discuss books about angling, classic tackle, angling literature, your favorite authors, old and new, and any upcoming books you see of interest and of course all the classics as well.

Moderator: Whitefish Press

brooktrout boy
Sport

My next book "The Zen of Home Waters".

Post by brooktrout boy »

Hi All,
My second book, The Zen of Home Waters, is due for release on August 4, 2020. It is a collection of short stories and all fly fishing. I will update as the time gets closer.

Warmest Regards- Jerry

brooktrout boy
Sport

Re: My next book "The Zen of Home Waters".

Post by brooktrout boy »

Hello to all,
I hope everyone is holding up well against this virus. It sure changes things. One of them is the release of my new book. The new date is October 6th. You can pre-order it now if you are so inclined. It is nearly 100% fly-fishing. 0% nudity, I guess it is a sign of the times.

Keep safe, keep fishing-Jerry

trland
Master Guide

Post by trland »

Looking forward to it after reading Outdoor Chronicles. Thanks.

bob2935
Master Guide

Post by bob2935 »

Cannot wait Jerry. As you can tell I really enjoyed your first book. For me a totally different style of outdoor writing which I really enjoy. Have already reread some of your stories from your first book. My favorite is when you were dumped alone by Float Plane to a desolate area of Canada for brookies and that monster pike. I felt like I was there. That would be my dream trip. Those fancy lodges are definitely not my thing. Good luck with the new book.

Bohemian Bob

LeoCreek
Sport

Post by LeoCreek »

I have a copy of Outdoor Chronicles on the way.

From what I have heard so far, I will most likely order your new book The Zen of Home Waters after reading Outdoor Chronicles.

Keep on smiling!

brownboy

Post by brownboy »

I so look forward to the new book. I guess you can tell I Really enjoyed your first one!
Thanks for the heads up - it's always great having something to look forward to.

brooktrout boy
Sport

Post by brooktrout boy »

Hi All,
As they say about the best laid plans. It seems that it is important that all outlets carry the book at the same time. In order to achieve this goal my book will come out on November 17th. I would also like to thank Kevin and Mark for the reviews they posted. Publishing a book is no easy task, but in 2020 it's just crazy. I would also like to thank everyone on this list for their support and patience,

Tight Lines- Jerry

brooktrout boy
Sport

Post by brooktrout boy »

Hi All,
Finally, after two virus delays, my book is out. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their support. It keeps getting more difficult to get a book published. I hope you enjoy it as I wrote it for the people here and their brethren. This thing of ours is special and it is my sincere wish that I do it justice. Stay safe and dream of better days ahead.

Warmest Regards-Jerry

NedZeppelin
Guide

Post by NedZeppelin »

Getting a couple for Xmas, any signed by author options out there in retail land? Otherwise I think Jeff B. gets the business.

brooktrout boy
Sport

Post by brooktrout boy »

Hi,
To the Admin, if this post violates any rules then please remove and accept my apologies. For signed copies feel free to contact-
An Angler's Bookcase
2750 county Road 15
South Fork, CO 81154
www.aabks.com
Craig is a good guy. As much as I like to make people happy , this is the easiest way for me currently. In my neck of the woods, things are getting challenging with a resurgence of COVID-19. Simple tasks like going to the post office aren't so simple anymore. Easy is getting harder all the time. I can't wait to get to the other side of all this. I'm gonna fish my balls off!

May God's love be with you- Jerry

bamboo rodley
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bamboo rodley »

Hi Jerry. Just got your book earlier this week. I am enjoying it very much. I generally only have about a half hour of reading time before bed, at least during the work week, so the format is perfect for that. One or two stories and then hopefully I'll dream about fishing somewhere exotic.
Rodley

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

Jerry, I'm really enjoying this book. I didn't know what to expect since this is the first of your writing that I've knowingly read...more in that review thread.

brooktrout boy
Sport

Post by brooktrout boy »

I am proud to announce that my book "The Zen of Home Water" finished third in the Outdoor Writers Association of California's Excellence in Craft's awards. It is always nice to have your work acknowledged by your peers. Many thanks and appreciation to the judges of OWAC.

-Jerry

Return to “Book Talk”