The Zen of Home Water.

An area where you can discuss books about angling, classic tackle, angling literature, your favorite authors, old and new, and any upcoming books you see of interest and of course all the classics as well.

Moderator: Whitefish Press

quick cane

The Zen of Home Water.

Post by quick cane »

I am new here but a long time fly-fisherwoman. I cannot believe I didn't know this place was a thing! I just finished reading the book the zen of home water. It was so good. I enjoyed it as much as any book I have ever read. I would love to get a signed copy for my dad for the holiday. I have looked all over the internet but cannot find anything signed. I did notice that this sight had people who read. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks-B

trland
Master Guide

Re: The Zen of Home Water.

Post by trland »

Jerry Hamza (brooktrout boy) is a member on this site. You could try reaching out directly to him.

quick cane

Post by quick cane »

Thank you so much. I did reach out directly. Mr. Hamza was very nice and accommodating. I am enjoying this site so much. The name is misleading because so much more goes on here.

thanks again- Bethany

Eperous
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Eperous »

I just finished reading this book, and only have one complaint--- it was a hundred pages too short... a fine read IMO, the kind of book you didn't want to put down, but on the other hand didn't want to run out of pages to read... Job well done!

Ed

St Vrain Angler
Master Guide

Post by St Vrain Angler »

https://www.ananglersbookcase.com/ has some signed copies.

quick cane

Post by quick cane »

My book arrived today, exactly how I wanted. My Dad will be thrilled!

Bethany

quick cane

Post by quick cane »

Does anyone know who did the artwork on the cover? It looks similar to the cover of John Geirach's A fly rod of your own.

-B

brooktrout boy
Sport

Post by brooktrout boy »

Hi,
Sorry I have not been here in a while. The fine artist is CD Clarke. He is a premier outdoor artist and fly-fisherman. If you get a chance , look at his website. www.cdclarke.com . His work makes wonderful gifts.

I hope Santa brings us all some fine fishing in 2021.-Jerry

Drossi
Master Guide

Post by Drossi »

Just finished it and wanted to thank Mr. Hamza for just a wonderful book. I really enjoyed the chapter related to golf, a sport I also detest for similar reasons as the author.

Ron Barch
Guide

Post by Ron Barch »

Like drinking a bottle of Strawberry wine I am taking my time reading Jerry Hamza's "Zen of Home Waters".......It is too good to rush through !!! We have never met face to face but his writing is like hanging out with one of my old Pals, we share many of the same thoughts about the angling world, especially split bamboo fly rods. Thanks Jerry.

MKA
Sport

Post by MKA »

A good read that was very entertaining!!! Just finished the book last night and found a couple of chapters especially fun to read since I've fished those areas for many years now...

Looking forward to the next book:)

GerardH
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GerardH »

I'm into the final chapters of this book and my thoughts:

Admittedly, I was initially put off thinking this was a guy of means jet-setting around the globe fly fishing at locales where I could only dream of...but as I settled into the early chapters, it was clear I completely misread the author. Jerry struck me as being an incredibly likable, sincere individual whose love for fly fishing, people, and the outdoors is infectious. Whether it was about squirrel stew, perch fishing, or cutting classes in college to fly fish, I could relate to the author and his passions.

I often use John Voelker, Gene Hill, Steve Smith as benchmarks -- is this guy someone I would want to have an adult beverage with and play a game of cribbage at Frenchman's? Where Jerry is concerned, the answer is an enthusiastic yes.

Looking forward to Jerry's earlier publications.
Last edited by GerardH on 03/31/21 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

brooktrout boy
Sport

Post by brooktrout boy »

Hi All,
Thanks for the kind words. I am humbled to be mentioned in such awesome company.......can I trade the cribbage game for some fly-fishing?
Here is hoping the upcoming season is a damned sight better than the last!

-Jerry

lloyd3
Master Guide

Post by lloyd3 »

Just ordered your book Mr. Hamza. Looking forward to it.

brooktrout boy
Sport

Post by brooktrout boy »

Thank you Lloyd!
-J

brownboy

Post by brownboy »

This is such an enjoyable, deliciously offbeat book. I keep thinking of friends who would enjoy this chapter or that. Always great to have gift ideas!

samsonboi
Master Guide

Post by samsonboi »

Well, Jerry said he’d send me a copy to review when it was published. Unfortunately due to a delay in the mail system and a 15-mile address change shortly after he sent it, it arrived very late! I read the book and loved it. I’ll echo others and say I was kinda sad when I got to the end, but not disappointed! Then I promptly read it again :P
"Car ce n'est pas assez d'avoir l'esprit bon, mais le principal est de l'appliquer bien.”- Descartes

Return to “Book Talk”