Tennessee Bound

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

SLFletcher
Sport

Tennessee Bound

Post by SLFletcher »

So, looks like I am headed to Tennessee and more specifically the area around Pleasant View. Anyone here in that area, and any insights into trout streams in those parts?

TIA!
Steve

flyrod
Guide

Re: Tennessee Bound

Post by flyrod »

Welcome to Tennessee Steve!

Don't know about fishing around Pleasant View TN, but if you ever find yourself around Mountain City TN, let me know. More great fishing streams around here than you can fish in two lifetimes!

All the Best, Stan Norton (flyrod) :pipe

mhill

Re: Tennessee Bound

Post by mhill »

Welcome to Tenn. Basically warm water fishing of small streams up there. Used to stock some trout on streams in Fort Campbell. They had stopped access from general public after 9/11 but have heard a rumor there is some opportunity now though. There is a TWRA managed lake - Marrowbone, a little south of you that I've wet a line or two in in the past. No gas motors, but can rent boats and bring a trolling motor. Used to be pretty good fishing. Most of the streams near there flow into the Cumberland - lots of opportunities for warm water fish. Down SW of there near Dickson, they used to stock a couple of creeks (Yellow creek and Hurricane creek) there with trout, but was hard to find access without getting shot. Was due south of there a year or so ago near Erin and saw some pretty interesting creeks. Just east of there is the Big Sandy and New Johnsonville areas of Kentucky Lake that has some great Crappie and Catfishing - also bass. A little south of you would be the Harpeth River (flows into the Cumberland) which can be good for smallies. Now east of Nashville - another story.
Life's a party and I'm the pinata!

Return to “Members Corner”