Introducing myself

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

herkileez
Sport

Introducing myself

Post by herkileez »

Hello..My name is Rick Humphrey, Herkileez on this site.
I live in Campbell River, on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. I'm an avid flyfisher and am lucky enough to be able to fish here year round, in addition to travelling to several fishing destinations each year. (This year, of course, being the exception).
As part of the fishing addiction, I also build rods and, for the past few years, have been building my Riverstick custom machined wading staffs. I haven't built bamboo, but have done a number of glass rods, in addition to many graphite single and two-handed rods. In addition, I also regularly volunteer to give free casting lessons, including at the Haig-Brown Festival, held each year here in Campbell River.
A number of folks on this site have recently inquired about, and purchased staffs, following recommendations from Bud, a friend on this site. I appreciate the interest, so thought I should properly introduce myself to the forum. I hope this is ok with members here and look forward to contributing to this forum, as well as answering any inquiries you might have.

Bamboo River
Guide

Re: Introducing myself

Post by Bamboo River »

Welcome to the forum from Mich. U.P.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Welcome to the board. I purchased one of your staffs awhile back, highly recommended!

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Vaughanwilson3022
Master Guide

Post by Vaughanwilson3022 »

Welcome.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Welcome

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers. Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Kenneth
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Kenneth »

Welcome, Rick, from a fellow WFF member!

This is a nice place, although we don't talk about fashion as much :-).

Keep safe,
Kenneth

Return to “Members Corner”