Holy cow!

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Bill S.

Holy cow!

Post by Bill S. »

Well yeah, thanks for keeping the site going.
I have fixed F-14 avionics when I was in the Navy. Operated and fixed radar artillery in the National Guard, Instructed shipboard communication/navigation equipment with a government contractor. retired as a field engineer with a well known Wireless company. Make flying airplanes out of planks of wood. But can't post pictures on this forum. Good luck to all, I will be leaving this forum. It is easy to post pics on any other forum I'm associated with. Good fishing my friends.

mer
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Holy cow!

Post by mer »

Ok. I'm not sure if you are aware of the upgrade in progress, are you? Sounds like a multi level thing going on. Hosting service requires minimum versions of software, forum was using way old versions, now config doesn't translate, requiring more upgrades, and oh yeah, storage space costs money and I'm not seeing a requests for donations here. Anyway, like the "I'm going to wash my car just to make it rain" theory, as soon as you leave, they'll get everything fixed.

DireWolf53
Master Guide

Post by DireWolf53 »

I agree that posting photographs on the forum is a round about process but come on it's not that difficult. Just set up a Post Image acct. use the direct link option and you easily can post your photos.

What troubles me is the possibility of another photobucket like debacle.
I would happily pay a yearly fee to the forum to help defray the cost of being to post images directly without a third party being involved.
YMMV but I thought I'd throw my two cents into the pot.
"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." - Paul O'Neil

Tim Anderson
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tim Anderson »

Four posts total and you are leaving the forum forever because you can't post pictures? Pictures are nice, but I personally enjoy much of what is written here even without pictures.

Tim

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

https://postimages.org/

Go to link above, upload image, open image, right click and select copy image address. Now go to the forum and use the "[ img][/img ]" language that is generated by pushing the photo button. Paste you image address between the two brackets. DONE. Not hard and hosting photos takes mucho storage which is why this phpBB does not use it I assume. Best of luck to you but throwing your hands in the air wont fix anything, ever.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

thegubster
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by thegubster »

snorider wrote:
06/11/20 16:30
https://postimages.org/

Go to link above, upload image, open image, right click and select copy image address. Now go to the forum and use the "[ img][/img ]" language that is generated by pushing the photo button. Paste you image address between the two brackets. DONE. Not hard and hosting photos takes mucho storage which is why this phpBB does not use it I assume. Best of luck to you but throwing your hands in the air wont fix anything, ever.

Oh yer such a danged gentleman Michael...You have more patience that I do tiger.

4 posts an' he's pissed.....hmmm!

adrien schnee
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by adrien schnee »

Bill, perhaps you missed it, but Mark is still working on restoring the old format. In April you were able to post 9 photos of your dad’s Nevros for an appraisal, so I think you have the process down pat. Maybe your current struggles relate to this temporary period on the forum and hopefully all will work as it did for you in the past again soon.

Enjoy fishing your dad’s rods, look forward to seeing more of your adventures with them.

RAZINGKANE
Guide

Post by RAZINGKANE »

Well...
Mark is a good friend, dedicated to the rod making community...annnd, I happen to know he also has a day job. Sooo... a little patience would be in order. Wouldn't it be nice if all you had to do is arm chair this stuff? Oh right! Most of us do just that. Thank you Mark for doing this for us WITH OUT PAY. Gratitude rather than cynicism is highly in order here. Thanks, and for those of you who don't like the current situation, shove off!

John Niemann

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Did any of those F-14's actually fly?

DireWolf53
Master Guide

Post by DireWolf53 »

3creeks wrote:
06/12/20 21:41
Did any of those F-14's actually fly?
:rollin
"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." - Paul O'Neil

bamboo
Master Guide

Post by bamboo »

Wow , that was an impressive intro. But ,come on man, 4 posts ???!!! get over yourself. This is a great forum.
nuff said,

bamboo....mike

Fanwing
Master Guide

Post by Fanwing »

Bill,
Sorry that you had a bad experience.
It's currently a work in progress.
Best of luck.

Bob
Last edited by Fanwing on 06/15/20 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Trolling?

DireWolf53
Master Guide

Post by DireWolf53 »

Troll? Did someone say troll?

Troll:
fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat

:rollin

bamrod77
Guide

Post by bamrod77 »

Looking good.

Return to “Members Corner”