thanks for letting me in.

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

cdennyb

thanks for letting me in.

Post by cdennyb »

Living in Northern California I have access to lots of high mountain streams and some of the best fly fishing water in the world i think. I'm just an ol mechanical engineer/designer, retired now (and probably working a lot harder than I did at my 8-5 job! LoL) and I'm a builder. I build stuff, made my own bandsaw mill, make my own lumber from trees I find locally. Build cigar box guitars and play pedal steel. I also was a certified welder/crane operator and do a lot of other fun stuff like 'fly fishing' of course. I've been using my grandfathers ol fly rod now for the majority of my life. Had a fella named Don from Placerville suggest my ol rod was made somewhere around 1910-1920. I needed a stripping eye for it as the original was lost along the way and I'm in the process of restoring the wrappings as they have all started to fray and break. Don had a perfect matched eye in his unlimited stock of goodies so I was able to get a replacement and this winter when I start working inside more, I'll set up my rod holder and start the process of rebuilding it. Stumbled onto this forum and hopefully I can get someone's input on the maker of my ol rod since there's no identification markings on it. Looks kinda like a Heddon but the colors of wrappings don't quite match, then I thought it might be a Shakespeare rod of early origins but the colors don't quite match what I've found in the catalogs posted here, and yes I've flipped thru every page and the B/W photos are kinda hard to get details from so I'm guessing in that respect. Soon as I can figure out the picture upload thing, I'll post some.
Thanks for the add.
Just enjoying the ride. :rollin

sodbank
Master Guide

Re: thanks for letting me in.

Post by sodbank »

Welcome to the forum.

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers. Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Bamboo River
Guide

Post by Bamboo River »

Welcome from Michigan's U.P.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Another bamboo pedal steeler here in Idaho.
What’s your steel?

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome!

DireWolf53
Master Guide

Post by DireWolf53 »

Welcome to the bamboo affliction/addiction.
Take note...
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"
;)
"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." - Paul O'Neil

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

Welcome from just above the Oregon state line! I like fishing your neck of the woods.

Return to “Members Corner”