Time to downsize

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

HNI

Time to downsize

Post by HNI »

My husband Norm Ingle has been an avid fly fisherman since he bought his first rod, an Ed Hunter, from Dave Cook with his paper route money about 1950. It’s now my task to eventually find new homes for much of what has accumulated over the years. He was also a kitchen table rodmaker with a unique way of making his own planing forms. He often found good information in this forum, but never actively participated.

There are many things I would appreciate advice about, mostly about how to determine value. I will begin to post in the various threads and look forward to hearing your advice.Thanks!

Shrimpman
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Time to downsize

Post by Shrimpman »

It will be nice for us to see and learn of your husband's passion for bamboo rods, too!

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

Sorry the burden has fallen to you. Hopefully you will get the advice and help here you need to navigate the seas you're setting out upon. It's also a good reminder to start the same process and leave less mess behind.

HNI

Post by HNI »

Thanks, guys! There us so much good info in this forum. I will soon post about the 1980s and 90s bamboo from Demarest in the rod builders section.

Return to “Members Corner”