starting the journey

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

klubinski

starting the journey

Post by klubinski »

Just a simple introduction here. Moved to Tucson, AZ two years ago from Minnesota, where I spent days happily searching for walleyes and smallmouth bass on the Upper Mississippi River. The rivers and streams are smaller here, and drier, and frequently invisible. Three weeks ago I received two gifts from a new friend. Both rods are split bamboo, 9' long and 5 wt. I'm going to try to relearn my graphite spinning rod building skills and restore these rods for fishing or "as original". Already have a copy of Sinclair (1994) and have been reading it and the CFRF for days to learn the fundamentals of where these rods came from, what they looked like as originals, and their past and current value in order to decide how far to restore them. The learning is slow - I"m still getting used to determining where I am in the CFRF network of communications and to ask the right questions. But it is clear there is great knowledge and experience here. Congratulations to the organizers for putting such a great source of information together.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: starting the journey

Post by headwaters »

Welcome!

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers. Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Arubey
Guide

Post by Arubey »

Welcome! You've found a good place, there's a ton of information buried in this little corner of the internet.

best,
Andy
A. Rubey Rod Co.
rubeyrods.com

sodbank
Master Guide

Post by sodbank »

Welcome to the forum.

Fishbamboorods

Post by Fishbamboorods »

Welcome.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

SW Colorado and the gunny are not that far away. happy to help anytime even though I am a heretic and Iconoclast, might make you think about it in new ways which are not all bad. Welcome and come visit the gunny after this covid crap is under control.

NSA Gnome

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Klubinski, welcome. I escaped from Minnesota two years ago as well.

60InchDV8
Master Guide

Post by 60InchDV8 »

G’Day,
You’re going to enjoy remaking and fishing those cane rods and the folks here can help walk you through the process.
Regards from Canada....Jim

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Welcome to the forum. Please consider posting some pictures of the rods as you work to rebuild them.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Return to “Members Corner”