trying to get back into fly fishing

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

1951Chops

trying to get back into fly fishing

Post by 1951Chops »

After an accident and then a Divorce, I have gotten out to fish, in close to 8 or 9 years. A lot of my stuff got taken in the divorce, so I am starting off on the cheap. I have a martin 65, that I was cleaning the reel that was at the bottom of a old sawdust covered tackle box. It looks good except I think I lost a spring for the button to release the spool. I cannot find a schematic for anything- for the rest, I am going on 70, I am a retired optician, that specialized in hunting shooting and fishing glasses. I am also a retire Rugby player and rugby referee- AND there is no way on God's earth, I will ever be able to run a Rugby Pitch again. I have two newer knees, a brand new ankle, but still need a new left hip and both rotator cuffs- I have had a lot of fun with this body, So fishing is my thrill? I live in St Louis, and love fishing Missouri streams and rivers

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: trying to get back into fly fishing

Post by ibookje »

Welcome back

kenwey4534
Guide

Post by kenwey4534 »

Sounds like fly fishing is just the therapy you need. Welcome back!

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome back, fellow 1951-er! I suspect there's still plenty of mileage in you. So, I agree with Ken and hope this can be the therapy you need!

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. The scrum can be hard on knees and the body, as a whole Cheers. Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

1951Chops

Post by 1951Chops »

oh gosh the scrum, can be hard, that is why 5 surgeries and two knee replacements are tallied against me, 4 ankle rebuilds , arm, hand and wrist surgery, I am going to try left handed casting! The cancer surgery is not going to stop me! now they want to do a left hip replacement, and replace both shoulders rotator cuffs, I think sittin at a local pond will work for me LOLOL, I am easy to please now

Return to “Members Corner”