A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

cmduck

Post by cmduck »

New member from the PNW. I found this site while looking for information on a vintage reel. I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to take the plunge. I currently have rods Trailmaster spin/fly 4TMU 7 ½ ft and a Trailmaster fly 4 TMF 7 ½ ft and a Blue Diamond 2 pc. Graphite 8 ½ fly BDF7624 8 ½ ft. I am also in the hunt for a Green Hornet. Not a major collector, just enjoy having and using vintage rods and reels. Looking to increase my knowledge. More of a reader than a poster. Not a big internet user so I hope I am doing this correctly. Thank you.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: New member

Post by PYochim »

cmduck, welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of good information here.

bugslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bugslinger »

Welcome aboard! I’m in south Seattle, where are you located? I have around 200 vintage fly reels......

cmduck

Post by cmduck »

Near Arlington

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, cmduck! I think you're doing it correctly, and I also think you'll fit in just fine. We're glad to have you!

skykomish

Post by skykomish »

Welcome! I grew up in Snohomish, fishing lowland lakes and steelheading in the Pilchuck and Stilly. I’m not a prolific poster, but I’m always learning from the folks on this board. And past posts are a treasure trove of information.

para_adams
Master Guide

Post by para_adams »

Welcome to the Forum. It's a great resource and for better or worse can be very addicting. I'm in Bothell. I had always had a latent interest in bamboo rods but assumed they were too expensive to consider, which is partly but not strictly true. That interest was piqued after randomly running into Steve aka Bugslinger at Pass Lake about a decade ago. Steve and his friend were fishing beautiful bamboo rods and when I suggested they were simply too expensive to even consider, he suggested exploring "blue collar" rods in need of simple refinishing as a way of getting in without much cost. After that, I have happily slid down the slippery slope of bamboo and have never looked back. My early collection were a great introduction. As time went on, I added a variety and began adding some "better" rods. I love them all.

I've enjoyed meeting many other PNW fly fishers for lawn casting sessions to try out my rods to see how they cast and what they like. You are welcome to do that if you are interested. We also have had an annual rod sharing and casting gathering in the Seattle area, off and on, for a few years now. Please join us for the next one whenever that might be, post covid. For now, tight lines, Ron

Return to “Members Corner”