Hello From an Old, New Member From Idaho

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Iz.Wa

Hello From an Old, New Member From Idaho

Post by Iz.Wa »

Hey All!

New here because of a Google search that lead me to dredge up an old thread. Didn't even know you guys existed..., now I are one!

I'm not new to fly fishing by any stretch. Living in Idaho, I don't think you have much of a choice and that's the way I like it... uh huh, uh huh!

A little about myself: I am now, a retired Metrologist (no, I don't predict the weather!). A native Idahoan (a rare bird and proud of it!). A collector at heart. Really into fly fishing and collecting the vintage equipment. Rods, reels, creels, old wooden fishing lures, flies, etc. I have quite an Angling book collection (hence, the user name) of many rare and collectible editions, dating from the 1600's to the present! I'm also into guns (another Idaho thang!), a huge fan of .22's with many fine rifles, handguns and pistols. I do like highly figured wood! Now, along these lines, I have started to seriously collect ammo cartridges and have representations of over 200 different calibers, now. It's becoming another obsession! Also, knives, custom and quality manufactured. I have a huge collection and investment in Wristwatches (you think fly fishing is expensive?)! I love 'em and I have the bug for it all. It's usually a decision... what watch or what rod, reel or gun can I get, instead of buying one or the other. Into most old stuff, baseball and football cards, even decks of old playing cards. Antique furniture, audio equipment, etc. I could go on and on. It would be easier to mention what I don't collect! Wish I had more money and there would be a bunch of nice cars in the garage, too! Of course fly stuff!

I know..., TMI...! Thanx for letting me vent (hope I didn't lose you in the middle, there!) and looking forward to "speaking" with everyone, learning and contributing where I can.

These are weird times for sure and I hope everyone is safe and remains that way.

BTW... I do tend to get a little windy (duh!) and I appreciate everyone's patience!

Remember..., you can always send that old fishing equipment my way...!

Thanx All,
Robert
"Angling may be said to be so like the mathematics that it can never be fully learned." - Izaak Walton

"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago." - Zane Grey

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hello From an Old, New Member From Idaho

Post by munsey w »

Welcome! you will definitely fit right in here :)

fragmentum
Master Guide

Post by fragmentum »

Welcome, from Montana, just next door ya know...

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

Hello Robert,

Yes, you will fit in just fine. Although we don't discuss them here often, at least a few of us enjoy the outcome when highly figured walnut and blued steel come together to create a perfectly balanced S x S.

Cheers,
Joe

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

Welcome
Please share with us your historic knowledge on FF and more

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, Robert!

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

Welcome from another old forum member from Island Park, ID.
Dennis

pgwulf
Guide

Post by pgwulf »

Welcome and your post reminded me to go on line and pick up my Idaho Fishing License today...Thanks.
Paul
"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend...inside a dog, it's too dark to read!" Groucho Marx

pgwulf
Guide

Post by pgwulf »

Welcome and your post reminded me to go on line and pick up my Idaho Fishing License today...Thanks.
Paul
"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend...inside a dog, it's too dark to read!" Groucho Marx

Return to “Members Corner”